Latrell Mitchell

The Sydney Roosters have just withdrawn an upgraded pay offer to star centre Latrell Mitchell of AU$800,000 for 2020.

The Roosters have indicated that he is now free to negotiate with other clubs.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/sydney-roosters-close-door-on-latrell-mitchell-talks/news-story/930da27a5668d73746a1a423c9f826dc

However he has recently lost value in the eyes of many NRL clubs after his poor performance for Australia against Tonga.

He is now widely regarded as being an inconsistent performer, based upon all of his 2019 performances, including a poor State of Origin..

Could he come to Super League? Who could afford him apart from Toronto?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

The Sydney Roosters have just withdrawn an upgraded pay offer to star centre Latrell Mitchell of AU$800,000 for 2020.

However he has recently lost value in the eyes of many NRL clubs after his poor performance for Australia against Tonga.

He is now widely regarded as being an inconsistent performer, based upon his 2019 performances..

He was fantastic in 2018 at times unplayable but off field issues seemed to have a detrimental effect on his form in 2019 with several lethargic performances,getting involved with Mundine probably wasn't a great idea either.

10 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/sydney-roosters-close-door-on-latrell-mitchell-talks/news-story/930da27a5668d73746a1a423c9f826dc

He is now widely regarded as being an inconsistent performer, based upon all of his 2019 performances, including a poor State of Origin..

He wont be coming to Super League 100%

He will accept a reduced offer to stay in the NRL as his value has dropped

He's young and talented, and will probably regain much better form very soon.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

28 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

A superb player, probably one of my favourite players currently to watch. When he’s at his best, he’s one of the best players on the planet. 

I sure hope Toronto is having a hard look at him...what a great addition he would make.   Lots of great rugby left in him.

16 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I sure hope Toronto is having a hard look at him...what a great addition he would make.   Lots of great rugby left in him.

That's the spirit, that's the kind of thing that made TGG the greatest in the first place in 1895 and right up to today..... the eye for the gap!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 minutes ago, Oxford said:

That's the spirit, that's the kind of thing that made TGG the greatest in the first place in 1895 and right up yo today..... the eye for the gap!

I really hope they sign him...as for me I think he is the finest overall player in the game today.

Him or his agent have a over inflated view of his worth, whilst a great player on his day he's lazy and doesn't involve himself enough in the game, prepared to let the others do the hard work while he takes the glory. Wests Tigers seem to be keen on him at any price so he may end up there if he's burned his bridge's at the Rooster's, bit of a comedown but I can see no way that he will go to Toronto, out of his comfort zone family wise, and a career dead end at his age.

2 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Him or his agent have a over inflated view of his worth, whilst a great player on his day he's lazy and doesn't involve himself enough in the game, prepared to let the others do the hard work while he takes the glory. Wests Tigers seem to be keen on him at any price so he may end up there if he's burned his bridge's at the Rooster's, bit of a comedown but I can see no way that he will go to Toronto, out of his comfort zone family wise, and a career dead end at his age.

This would be the greatest thing he ever could do for his career!....I say sign him to the Wolkfpack...he is a game changer....just what we need!

1 minute ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Loving the loyalty to Leutele...

Supposedly in 2 other RU centres, Cooper & T'eo or suchlike, once you start flashing the cash everybody, or their agent's crawl out of the woodwork trying to bump their price up. Despite what Kayakman think's not everyone is desperate to play for TWP, some have good lifestyles and familiar surroundings that they would be reluctant to exchange for Manchester or Toronto, the surfing on the ship canal or Lake Ontario just doesn't compare?

4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

He should grovel back to the roosters and take their offer . I don’t think this has worked out exactly as he planned . Why would you want to go anywhere else anyway

Hopefully they reduce their offer if he does that.

1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

Supposedly in 2 other RU centres, Cooper & T'eo or suchlike, once you start flashing the cash everybody, or their agent's crawl out of the woodwork trying to bump their price up. Despite what Kayakman think's not everyone is desperate to play for TWP, some have good lifestyles and familiar surroundings that they would be reluctant to exchange for Manchester or Toronto, the surfing on the ship canal or Lake Ontario just doesn't compare?

He doesn’t think that, he just loves his club. As do many of us neutrals. 

1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

Its not about surfing Clogger!....its about skiing (both codes: cross country and downhill).   Plus don't forget the bonus of snowshoeing.

Latrell Mitchell absolutely has the talent to be the best player of his generation.  But his workrate and attitude has been and must be questioned now.

NSW dropping him from Origin after a loss in game 1 is a massive sign that something is not right and then they go on to win the series.  Then he keeps his Kangaroo spot because Meninga keeps faith in him.

There was an incident in the Tonga game when the ball was loose and Australia had a chance to regain possession if Mitchell dived on the loose ball but instead he swings a boot at it and kicks it off the park.  Tonga regained possession. You could see the anger and frustration in his captain (and club captain) Boyd Cordner when that happened.

Coaches look at the big picture and if a player causes disruption in the team they are often shown the door irrelevant how talented they are.

I don't want this to happen with Mitchell as he is a great talent who could entertain us for the next 10 years.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived