Latrell Mitchell

14 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Latrell Mitchell absolutely has the talent to be the best player of his generation.  But his workrate and attitude has been and must be questioned now.

NSW dropping him from Origin after a loss in game 1 is a massive sign that something is not right and then they go on to win the series.  Then he keeps his Kangaroo spot because Meninga keeps faith in him.

There was an incident in the Tonga game when the ball was loose and Australia had a chance to regain possession if Mitchell dived on the loose ball but instead he swings a boot at it and kicks it off the park.  Tonga regained possession. You could see the anger and frustration in his captain (and club captain) Boyd Cordner when that happened.

Coaches look at the big picture and if a player causes disruption in the team they are often shown the door irrelevant how talented they are.

I don't want this to happen with Mitchell as he is a great talent who could entertain us for the next 10 years.

He clearly needs the advice and mentoring of a certain Sonny Bill Williams to show him the proper path.....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seriously Mitchell is one of the best talents in the game, over confidence can be just as bad as lack of it, would the roosters have won their spoils without him? questionable.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

seriously Mitchell is one of the best talents in the game, over confidence can be just as bad as lack of it, would the roosters have won their spoils without him? questionable.

Quite , see the try in the GF . It’s all relative I guess . People see he’s a very rare talent with every natural attribute and get frustrated that he’s not always doing it or being involved enough . That may be unfair but it’s the bar he set . You’d want him in your side let’s be honest 

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Its not about surfing Clogger!....its about skiing (both codes: cross country and downhill).   Plus don't forget the bonus of snowshoeing.

The only connection to skiing you would get based at your training hq is with Wigan Ovation on Billinge lump! (One for the oldies there)

8 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

The only connection to skiing you would get based at your training hq is with Wigan Ovation on Billinge lump! (One for the oldies there)

OK then surfing it is!

12 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

The Sydney Roosters have just withdrawn an upgraded pay offer to star centre Latrell Mitchell of AU$800,000 for 2020.

The Roosters have indicated that he is now free to negotiate with other clubs.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/sydney-roosters-close-door-on-latrell-mitchell-talks/news-story/930da27a5668d73746a1a423c9f826dc

However he has recently lost value in the eyes of many NRL clubs after his poor performance for Australia against Tonga.

He is now widely regarded as being an inconsistent performer, based upon all of his 2019 performances, including a poor State of Origin..

Could he come to Super League? Who could afford him apart from Toronto?

I can see Leeds, Wigan, Warrington and Saints looking to spend more to bring in bigger names as marquee players now that Toronto have set the precedent with Sonny Bill Williams 

If he wants to develop and maximise his career, he'd be an idiot to leave the Roosters.

Having said that, he has shown several signs of idiocy in his career, especially in the last 12 months.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

If he wants to develop and maximise his career, he'd be an idiot to leave the Roosters.

Having said that, he has shown several signs of idiocy in his career, especially in the last 12 months.

Do you think Toronto has a crack at getting him Futtocks?

4 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Anthony Mundine is a very bad  influence on Latrell Mitchell. No doubt Mundine encouraged Mitchell not to sing the Australian national anthem at international games. Anthony Mundine is a professional attention seeker,  and a racial resentment fueled, trouble making presence in Australian public life.

I thought the consensus view on here was that players are ok to do whatever was needed to maximise their earnings during their career.

When I suggested that players should honour contracts they sign and not seek upgrades or alternative deals mid contract (the John Bateman thread) I was told I was being unrealistic. 

Mitchell is only doing what people condone here.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

TWP would be better concentrating their efforts on some decent half-backs and forwards if they want to consolidate their place in SL. Good H/Bs may be thin on the ground but they might have the financial muscle to tempt someone from the NRL, maybe someone who's a backup at present but the problem is they will count on the cap. It's no use looking to RU to get round that conundrum as they lack the nous to make it in League, even MacCrone would be better and that's something you won't hear said often.

I agree with Daley that he should stay where he is . There’s talk that if he wants a million elsewhere he’ll need to go to fullback as they get the big dosh . It’s a big call for a club to outlay that without knowing how he’d transition to that role . West’s , Dogs and Cowboys seem most mentioned . None of them looks that appealing if you’re at the Roosters but he’s put the dollar signs foremost , which he can do  .Although whoever  is advising him I’m not sure it’s been the best tbh . He’s on a good thing now

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

It is looking like Latrell Mitchell will sign for the Wests Tigers on AU$1 million a year for four years.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/11/20/he-can-do-anything-he-puts-his-mind-to-fittler-backs-latrell-for-fullback-switch/

The Roosters have said he can play for Norths if that isnt sorted out.  He's upset a few people it seems.

Archived