England Supporters Club

Timing is odd and it’s a lot of money for what’s on offer. Principle of a fan club for the national team is good, the way it’s been done needs a rethink. 

The merchandise is a pin badge and bobble hat. 

£25 for a team that currently has no games scheduled and rarely plays. 

What exactly is the benefit of this?

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

I'd wait 'til the extent of the merchandise is revealed, if I was going to sign up. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

41 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I'd wait 'til the extent of the merchandise is revealed, if I was going to sign up. 

It is revealed isn’t it? Like I said, badge and hat.

8319CE10-C6ED-4ED0-A4B3-03305DC821E8.png

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

42 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I think what Odsal Outlaw above says is the merchandise, due to the "merchandise" that we were given to vote on a couple of months ago.

I seem to remember a scarf as well though? 

Got the email in my inbox today. I was impressed with the format, production quality and messaging.

Interesting that one of the main criticisms of our sport is the lack of.planning for big events and creating a sense of demand for the big games.

Yet, here we are two years before a World Cup with the organisers offering a guaranteed ticket package as part of an official supporters club and there is literally nothing but negativity about it on here.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

We have a three match series against the Kangaroos in 2020 and a home World Cup in 2021. The two biggest events we could have for English Rugby League fans.

It's the perfect time to launch an official England Rugby League supporters club.

I have seen literally nothing to complain about the 2021 tournament so far. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

We have a three match series against the Kangaroos in 2020 and a home World Cup in 2021. The two biggest events we could have for English Rugby League fans.

It's the perfect time to launch an official England Rugby League supporters club.

Hence why people aren't complaining about it. The trouble is the things that are done well in Rugby League are often few and far between.

10 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

£25 a year for nothing except the chance to get £5 off a ticket and some tat is poor though, no incentive to join at all really. 

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

£25 a year for nothing except the chance to get £5 off a ticket and some tat is poor though, no incentive to join at all really. 

Guaranteed England tickets at the World Cup is the big one for me. They are looking to create a core base of fans and a high demand feeling for this event.  Something that the administrators have been accused of failing at in the past.

We criticise them for no foresight and planning and yet when they look two years out we criticise them again.

The proverb "timing is everything" comes to mind...

I like the concept. Execution poor.

Great idea to build excitement up for 2020 and RLWC 2021. Definitely incentivises people to buy a ticket to live games, part with cash and build revenue.

So what isnt to like about it...

Well besides the fact we have no fixtures confirmed for 2020 yet... Surely you launch this with the added incentive to buy your ticket for next year, now... BASICS!! Very clear call to action and reasoning why you would by it. The fact everyone is arguing "its pointless" tells you everything! Why would you launch a loyalty scheme with no sight of the clear benefit of being part of the scheme...

I wont go on...

Do you get a proper membership card...thats what I want to know? ? In all seriousness Your basicaly paying 25 notes for a hat and a badge...its not gonna be hard to get tickets is it? I would rather they actualy gave us a bit more info regarding the kangaroos tour next year to be honest.

No mug ?

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Archived