Amazing Article on the 1946 GB Tour

RayCee

12 minutes ago, cookey said:

Yes,credit to BBC Sport,they have produced a number of interesting and unusual stories on the rl section recently. Dave Woods seems to unearth some enjoyable reads.

I was blown away with the depth of coverage of the tour and pics too.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Most encouraging about it is the fact that it’s not hidden away tagged in the RL section.   It’s actually a general sporting interest article related to RL that many neutrals will read.    Now THAT doesn’t happen very often! 

3 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

I enjoyed reading that.

What they went through to tour was amazing. Total respect for them and their generation.Didn't complain, just got on with it.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Not only did Barrow furnish 4 players in the squad ( including my hero and neighbour Jimmy Lewthwaite) but the ship too! HMS Indomitable was built by Vickers Armstrong in Barrow.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

3 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

One thing you can say about Dave Woods is he's an enthusiast and there is always passion in all his BBC articles! 

I'm a big fan of Dave Woods, but I'm not sure how much involvement he had on this occasion. It says the article author is Matt Newsum.

I agree with everything that people have said about the article. It was a brilliant read.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Stirlin said:

Fantastic read , have posted it on the Navy Net site for them to read.

Well done Stirlin. Do the Royal Navy RL section also have their own website?

Confirmation of the SBW signing,is now also on the main BBC Sport front page,as well as the rl section.

Archived