SBW for Samoa?

There's a piece on the NRL site saying that Samoa are looking to recruit SBW in the hope that it inspires a Tonga-like surge in their fortunes.

This could be interesting, and if it happens would add to the mix for the 2021 RLWC.

As an aside the government of Tonga has declared a public holiday to mark their nation's victory over the Kangaroos. 

I'd be pretty confident of seeing him play for Samoa as his farewell hoping to help them emulate Tonga and Fiji in knocking off one of the big 3.

It would be a boost for the World Cup especially if England could "conveniently" draw Samoa in their group.

Side note, is it actually official that SBW has signed? Nothing on the Wolfpack website.

36 minutes ago, Rhinoferg said:

Unless you are playing for Australia then you won't win the world cup

That's what this lot thought as well.

Aussies.jpg

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I'm wondering if we're going to end up sacrificing New Zealand for Tonga and Samoa.

I don't have a major problem with that, but we need to be careful that we don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

People called Romans they go the house

4 minutes ago, MrPosh said:

I'm wondering if we're going to end up sacrificing New Zealand for Tonga and Samoa.

I don't have a major problem with that, but we need to be careful that we don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

SBW playing for Samoa wouldn't affect them too much but if RTS defected it would be a huge blow, especially if a few more went with him like Taumalolo.

Samoa have a damn good team as is honestly, they're underperforming recently but nearly upset a few teams in 2014 with an arguably worse side. Might be time for a new coach.

14 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Nowhere near IMO.

Pinched this from Clarkey's Rugby League column on Facebook:

1. Roger Tuivasa Sheck 
2. Ken Maumalo 
3. Hymel Hunt 
4. Joseph Leilua 
5. Jamayne Isaako 
6. Anthony Milford 
7. Chanel Harris Tavita 
8. Payne Haas 
9. Danny Levi 
10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 
11. Josh Papalii 
12. Sonny Bill Williams 
13. Martin Taupau 
14. Jazz Tevaga 
15. Junior Paulo
16. Isaac Liu
17. Josh McGuire 

new rise.jpg

2 minutes ago, Pulga said:

1. Roger Tuivasa Sheck 
2. Ken Maumalo 
3. Hymel Hunt 
4. Joseph Leilua 
5. Jamayne Isaako 
6. Anthony Milford 
7. Chanel Harris Tavita 
8. Payne Haas 
9. Danny Levi 
11. Josh Papalii 
12. Sonny Bill Williams 
13. Martin Taupau 
14. Jazz Tevaga 
15. Junior Paulo
16. Isaac Liu
17. Josh McGuire 

Never heard of them... ? 

Get your point but they'd need a good coach to bind them as a group as well...

2 minutes ago, Pulga said:

1. Roger Tuivasa Sheck 
2. Ken Maumalo 
3. Hymel Hunt 
4. Joseph Leilua 
5. Jamayne Isaako 
6. Anthony Milford 
7. Chanel Harris Tavita 
8. Payne Haas 
9. Danny Levi 
11. Josh Papalii 
12. Sonny Bill Williams 
13. Martin Taupau 
14. Jazz Tevaga 
15. Junior Paulo
16. Isaac Liu
17. Josh McGuire 

Australia has the depth to afford to lose Haas, Papalii, McGuire etc. If RTS, Maumalo, Isaako, NAS all went over the Kiwis would not be winning anything against Australia for quite a while unfortunately.

Not saying anyone can really stop them unless they change the rules but I'd be careful what we wish for here. Taumalolo, Taukieaho, Fonua-Blake etc leaving has already dented the Kiwis as evidenced by the likes of Blair still getting a game.

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

We are a resurgent France away from being able to put on a fantastic 8 team tournament... 

Oz 

eng 

nz

tonga 

samoa

fiji 

png 

france 

A boy can dream...

And all the miseries in the whole of TGG and on this forum can't stop you doing that and it is what it's all about ..... I'm still dreaming of Salford making it to Old Trafford so keep the faith and Eyes on the Prize!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

23 minutes ago, jim_57 said:

Australia has the depth to afford to lose Haas, Papalii, McGuire etc. If RTS, Maumalo, Isaako, NAS all went over the Kiwis would not be winning anything against Australia for quite a while unfortunately.

Not saying anyone can really stop them unless they change the rules but I'd be careful what we wish for here. Taumalolo, Taukieaho, Fonua-Blake etc leaving has already dented the Kiwis as evidenced by the likes of Blair still getting a game.

NAS has come out and said that he would only ever play for the Kiwis.

Isaako only just played for Samoa. I hope he goes back there.

RTS is obviously the best Kiwi player right now but I remember DWZ doing a really good job in Denver. 

new rise.jpg

1 hour ago, MrPosh said:

They still can beat England...

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

1 hour ago, Pulga said:

8. Payne Haas 
9. Danny Levi 
11. Josh Papalii 
12. Sonny Bill Williams 
13. Martin Taupau 

I would pay good money to watch that pack play.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived