SBW signs for Toronto - Confirmed

Damien

2 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

How many pages are we going for before this thread gets locked? I say two. 

Infinity if we just stay on topic.

Can't wait to see the guy at Lamport next year. come on SL!!!!

8 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Mal Meninga now saying that he wants Australia to have a game against Toronto on their 2020 tour due to the SBW signing.

The Kangaroos could stop off in Toronto to play them en route to the UK, how good would that be?

1 hour ago, gittinsfan said:

I haven't seen any comments from Mr Elstone & Co. Have there been any?

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/1154/sonny-bill-williams-welcome-to-super-league

Super League Chief Executive, Robert Elstone commented: “We've seen many talented players in Super League over the past 24 seasons - but probably no one with the global reach of Sonny Bill Williams.  

“That reach, that appeal, that magic has been hard-earned. He’s performed at the highest level, in both codes, on rugby pitches all over the world. I can't think of any other player who has done that for such a sustained period. 

“So more than being the most impactful player we have succeeded in bringing into the competition, he's arguably the most impactful player we could have chosen to recruit into the competition. 

“It's a huge feather in the cap for the Wolfpack and presents a raft of opportunities for Super League.

“It's great for the competition to see the Wolfpack so powerfully underline their credentials and intent for Super League 2020. “Undoubtedly, he will help fill stadia on both sides of the Atlantic and all our commercial partners will benefit enormously from such an iconic, global superstar being in our game.  “As the person charged with growing Super League, and as a lifelong rugby league fan, that opening round double header at Headingley is inked into my diary.”

13 minutes ago, Damien said:

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/1154/sonny-bill-williams-welcome-to-super-league

Super League Chief Executive, Robert Elstone commented: “As the person charged with growing Super League, and as a lifelong rugby league fan, that opening round double header at Headingley is inked into my diary.”

Well I’d bloody hope it would have been anyway ??

Archived