Golden Boot

I'm sorry, i've just been put off RL a little by seeing who is NOT on the shortlist, well, and who is on it. K Naiqama, J Waerea-Hargreaves and T Lolohea should not be on the list, J Tedesco certainly should be, and should win it. It should be voted by ex-players and journalists like it used to be 3, 2, 1. T Makinson should not have won it last yr, but as it goes I won't complain if J Bateman wins it this year. But J Tedesco should have won it last yr, you can't base it almost solely on international matches as obviously there aren't enough of them in RL.   

8 minutes ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

I'm sorry, i've just been put off RL a little by seeing who is NOT on the shortlist, well, and who is on it. K Naiqama, J Waerea-Hargreaves and T Lolohea should not be on the list, J Tedesco certainly should be, and should win it. It should be voted by ex-players and journalists like it used to be 3, 2, 1. T Makinson should not have won it last yr, but as it goes I won't complain if J Bateman wins it this year. But J Tedesco should have won it last yr, you can't base it almost solely on international matches as obviously there aren't enough of them in RL.   

Didn't Tedesco throw the ball into touch with the game on the line last week? These are weighted to internationals - which I agree should only be part of it (i.e. to win the golden boot you need to have played at least 2 internationals as well as club games).

Agree that Tadesco has been the best player in the World this year btw. The rules for this are clear though.

Why don’t they just give it to an Aussie every year to stop all their whinging!

In fact why not base the selection criteria solely on players chosen for State of Origin because that is surely the pinnacle of the game!

Or, why not only hold a Golden Boot award in years when the Aussie team has remained undefeated?

On 08/11/2019 at 20:52, Bluebags1973 said:

If the Golden Boot is now awarded based on performances in international matches, why have the IRL put out the nominations now, when there are still 3 games to go (plus 2 RLWC qualifying games)?

Odd.

Totally agree ?

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

Archived