New Open Age Club - Worcester

13 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Tremendous and all the best for the future. Have you got any social media going?

Yeah 

Worcester Jaguars RLFC

Worcester Jaguars XIII

On Facebook - don’t ask why we have 2, tries to get the president to clear this up but all the same content nonetheless.

The U16s will be playing in the London Junior League next year but we arranged plenty of friendlies for the Juniors over the Summer. The Open Age team will be playing in the West of England League in the upcoming season. With regard numbers it starts slow but does build to you have good numbers.

We are in a very strong Union city & region & everybody told us there would be no interest but there is. Our Juniors even trained throughout the Summer in Sixways Stadium the home of Rugby Union in Worcester.

To help Rugby League grow in our region we are about to launch our Satellite Club Program (SCP) which will help set up & found new Clubs. Even though you are outside our region we would have no problem adding you to the SCP & help you set up a new club.

Contact me if you would like to know more.

Stuart Hood

President - Worcester Jaguars RLFC

19 hours ago, SVH said:

The U16s will be playing in the London Junior League next year but we arranged plenty of friendlies for the Juniors over the Summer. The Open Age team will be playing in the West of England League in the upcoming season. With regard numbers it starts slow but does build to you have good numbers.

We are in a very strong Union city & region & everybody told us there would be no interest but there is. Our Juniors even trained throughout the Summer in Sixways Stadium the home of Rugby Union in Worcester.

To help Rugby League grow in our region we are about to launch our Satellite Club Program (SCP) which will help set up & found new Clubs. Even though you are outside our region we would have no problem adding you to the SCP & help you set up a new club.

Contact me if you would like to know more.

Stuart Hood

President - Worcester Jaguars RLFC

That’s some distances to travel to compete in the London junior league. Is there not anything more local?

22 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

That’s some distances to travel to compete in the London junior league. Is there not anything more local?

What is local, is very ‘festival-esque’

By that I mean 3-4 teams meet with mixed-ages and about 5-12 players each so end up mixing and matching.

The London league is much more structured and competitive than what has been experienced before.

1 hour ago, welshmagpie said:

What is local, is very ‘festival-esque’

By that I mean 3-4 teams meet with mixed-ages and about 5-12 players each so end up mixing and matching.

The London league is much more structured and competitive than what has been experienced before.

Keep up the good work, its great to hear your news, please keep posting with any updates, good luck and best wishes.

36 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Keep up the good work, its great to hear your news, please keep posting with any updates, good luck and best wishes.

Your best bet of updates is through our Facebook pages but I’ll try to update this thread as beat as possible.

Heres to the 30th of November - the first step on our open age journey.

Archived