Oldham rugby out of town again

Little no it all

I was dead against it in 2016,went in 2017 thanks to taff. Quite sad really to come back to limeside but impressed with what the footy club had done, don't think I'll get a season ticket as I missed too many games this season.

Looking forward with more hope than optimism 

On 09/11/2019 at 01:11, Little no it all said:

Please can this be discussed who made decision that Oldham rugby needs to play outside town again    

Please can this be discussed: has Little no it all ever made a positive comment about Roughyeds? And as a matter of interest, how many matches has he/she attended while they've been playing in Oldham? Just wondering ?

Oldham I believe next season receive a payment of  £150.000 from the rugby league correct me if I am wrong. also I believe we need average home gates of 1500 which I don't think this is impossible due to a lot of teams in the championship with their away support and we are competitive.

1i say this because swinton last season had average  home gates of just over 1174 so plus receiving  £150.000 and no directors receiving a salary they are still struggling it does make one think. 

• 3 weeks later...

I may be wrong, but I'm sure I've heard in the past that for one reason or another, only FCUM are allowed to play there. Have you ever thought of posting a positive comment? Try it, you might enjoy it, you little ray of sunshine.

Interesting to read on the club website about the Quest Media link up. There are many rugby fans (both league and union) in the Tameside area and I'm sure that given the right incentives, some can be goaded through the turnstiles. RL is a cracking product and in a nice compact ground like BF, it can provoke a great atmosphere. There didn't seem to be much effort made to get new fans last time the club were in Stalybridge.

An example, there is a local free newspaper, the Stalybridge Correspondent, also the Tameside Reporter and Glossop Chronicle (don't forget Glossop, it's only a 20 minute bus ride from BF). Maybe a cut out token for a £5 adult admission or two adults and two kids for a tenner, plug it on Tameside Radio. If you get twenty in the ground on a Sunday and four or five come back, it's a result.

Just a thought...

(Oh, and get into the local schools, whole new generation of fans out there).

I think your £5 admission token is a great idea and would surely be worth pursuing. If it attracts just a handful of new supporters it's better than nothing. And getting into local schools is a no brainer.

21 hours ago, Little no it all said:

Have FC United been approached this ground is closer than stalybridge or has Oldham chairman just done a deal to suit his pocket  

If they played in your back garden I doubt you'd bother to attend so why would you care whether they play in Oldham, Stalybridge or Timbuktu?

49 minutes ago, WellWisher said:

I think your £5 admission token is a great idea and would surely be worth pursuing. If it attracts just a handful of new supporters it's better than nothing. And getting into local schools is a no brainer.

I'm sure professional marketing people can easily come up with better ideas.

It was just a suggestion, but it hopefully goes to show that it doesn't really matter what you do, just as long as you do something.

1 hour ago, BryanC said:

I'm sure professional marketing people can easily come up with better ideas.

It was just a suggestion, but it hopefully goes to show that it doesn't really matter what you do, just as long as you do something.

Professional marketing people.  If only we had some.

I've emailed the editor at the Stalybridge Correspondent in the hope that they can raise the profile in the town. I'm sure a great many Stalybridge folk are totally unaware that this is happening, and more importantly, what a fantastic game RL is to watch live.

Nothing wrong with Stalybridge great atmosphere and covered on all sides.

But could Stalybridge FC have the stand facing the main stand open and ensure that all four sides are open. We don't want the fiasco when we played against Bradford when the top stand, behind the posts, was shut due to lack of stewards. Those who went saw Bradford win due to their intimidation of the ref. That game in my mind sent us down.

Archived