Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Little no it all

Oldham rugby out of town again

Not ideal but options are nonexistent in oldham, the only stadium in the borough is boundary park and that's a non starter.

Luckily stalybridge still want Oldham to play there

• Like 5

Like clifford said"not ideal ". But hey it's not the end of the world. At first I was dead set against playing at the fold when we was last in the championship but now I don't mind it tbh. 

I was dead against it in 2016,went in 2017 thanks to taff. Quite sad really to come back to limeside but impressed with what the footy club had done, don't think I'll get a season ticket as I missed too many games this season.

Looking forward with more hope than optimism 

On 09/11/2019 at 01:11, Little no it all said:

Please can this be discussed who made decision that Oldham rugby needs to play outside town again    

Please can this be discussed: has Little no it all ever made a positive comment about Roughyeds? And as a matter of interest, how many matches has he/she attended while they've been playing in Oldham? Just wondering 🤔

• Like 2

At the end of the day we're playing in Stalybridge, if you want to watch then it's there. If you don't then nobody is forcing you to do so. 

• Like 1

Oldham I believe next season receive a payment of  £150.000 from the rugby league correct me if I am wrong. also I believe we need average home gates of 1500 which I don't think this is impossible due to a lot of teams in the championship with their away support and we are competitive.

1i say this because swinton last season had average  home gates of just over 1174 so plus receiving  £150.000 and no directors receiving a salary they are still struggling it does make one think. 

Not really bothered what Swinton or any body else does Oldham has been my love for nearly seventy years and I am hoping to see every game next season.

• Like 5