Samoa to host 9s - India and China to participate

I hope this is the shoe in the door for Paul Broughton to build on in China. Broughton had the vision to understand that just a very small corner of China would be huge, with a population of over 1.4 Billion and soon to be the world's biggest economy.

Fair play to Broughton for plugging away at this for years and for Roy Masters for bringing  it to people's attention again having previously publicly shaming the NRL over their slow response in 2016.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-finally-shows-support-for-paul-broughtons-plan-to-develop-rugby-league-in-china-20160416-go7wyz.html

The tournament is backed by Chinese money and the stadium was built with Chinese money. Now perhaps the RFL should invite people from the Chinese embassy and Chinese business's in the UK to Rugby League games. We are all aware of the Chinese Belt and Road initiative, lets get some of that pie.

On 09/11/2019 at 15:49, Yosser said:

I hope this is the shoe in the door for Paul Broughton to build on in China. Broughton had the vision to understand that just a very small corner of China would be huge, with a population of over 1.4 Billion and soon to be the world's biggest economy.

Fair play to Broughton for plugging away at this for years and for Roy Masters for bringing  it to people's attention again having previously publicly shaming the NRL over their slow response in 2016.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-finally-shows-support-for-paul-broughtons-plan-to-develop-rugby-league-in-china-20160416-go7wyz.html

An Indian guy I work with mentioned RL to me today and the 9s.  Shocked me.  He said that there are RU coaches in India but from what he’s seen League is on the TV more.

Archived