David Fifita Locked Up

Brisbane’s David Fifita has been arrested in Bali after an alleged brawl at the same nightclub where Nelson Asofa-Solomona landed himself in trouble last month.

The Broncos on Saturday confirmed Fifita was in jail. The club has immediately flown an official to meet their key forward.

“The Broncos have today been made aware that David Fifita has been detained by authorities in Bali after an alleged incident involving a security guard,” a Broncos statement read.

“The club is working with representatives in Bali to provide David all the support he needs, and a Broncos official is travelling to Indonesia today.”

According to a report I read it was alleged he had assaulted a security guard at that same night club connected with NAS incident.

Quiet offseason or what?

Dear me , that doesn’t read well for him . Gonna be another long offseason at this rate ... I’m glad the constant message about keeping your nose clean and being aware of your responsibilities is cutting through 

One or two clubs were interested in luring DFif I saw his name linked to Titans and Bunnies. Presumably Brisbane want to keep him too.

The price tag bandied about for him of $1m a season is excessive for him in my opinion.

The number of players worth that, if any, I'd say was small. Pushed I'd say Cam Smith, Tedesco and Taumololo... may have missed someone?

4 hours ago, Graham said:

One or two clubs were interested in luring DFif I saw his name linked to Titans and Bunnies. Presumably Brisbane want to keep him too.

The price tag bandied about for him of $1m a season is excessive for him in my opinion.

The number of players worth that, if any, I'd say was small. Pushed I'd say Cam Smith, Tedesco and Taumololo... may have missed someone?

Go to jail or go to the Titans ... tough one 

View image on Twitter

David Fifita has shaken hands and reportedly reached a “peace agreement” with the security guard he allegedly assaulted in Bali.

Fifita is in a Bali jail after being detained for allegedly striking bouncer Dani Irawan outside a nightclub in Seminyak.

Irawan accused Fifita of hitting him early on Saturday morning but has reportedly forgiven the 19-year-old and accepted his apology.

Brisbane Broncos welfare officer Adam Walsh has flown to Bail and is continuing to work with local representatives to help resolve the issue.

Fifita and Irawan were photographed making peace and the security guard has withdrawn his complaint.

2 minutes ago, Graham said:

View image on Twitter

David Fifita has shaken hands and reportedly reached a “peace agreement” with the security guard he allegedly assaulted in Bali.

Fifita is in a Bali jail after being detained for allegedly striking bouncer Dani Irawan outside a nightclub in Seminyak.

Irawan accused Fifita of hitting him early on Saturday morning but has reportedly forgiven the 19-year-old and accepted his apology.

Brisbane Broncos welfare officer Adam Walsh has flown to Bail and is continuing to work with local representatives to help resolve the issue.

Fifita and Irawan were photographed making peace and the security guard has withdrawn his complaint.

Then I’d say he’s very lucky going by the reports . Didn’t sound good at all .Very lucky he’s a valuable NRL asset 

David Fifita has been released from jail and has changed his clothes at last. He says he doesn’t remember the incident where he struck the bouncer. It’s clear he was drunk. Apparently no charges, at least he’s free to return to Australia.

So if NAS got a three match ban for defending his team mate, surely this assault while drunk deserves more, say a six game ban if there’s going to be consistency.

17 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Aye , but my point is in most other jurisdictions it would be totally out of your hands . Maybe that’s why he went there !

Bali is the Australian holiday go to place. 

They’ve clearly found one of Rugby Unions carpets and a broom to sweep it under. Easier without any video evidence, unlike the NAS incident 

Archived