describe your ideal day?

Wake up to this view... 

_20191110_014052.JPG

...and head off to catch some waves before my Mrs wakes up.

On the way back pop into O Pãozinho das Maria's to pick up some breakfast to eat while sat on the balcony overlooking the village and Praia do Norte. 

Chill and read until lunch. 

Head down to Praia dos Pescadores in mid afternoon for a couple of beers on the beach. 

Out for dinner at Toca do Caboz for some wonderful sea food. 

Watch the sunset over Pescadores with a nice pint of Super Bock. 

Go to bed and then repeat tomorrow ?

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

sleep until 8am

bike to parkrun , smash a 23min run (with the dog)

coffee with family and friends 

gather fishing gear together or kayak and wet suit 

go to coast , if it looks fishy go fishing , if swell looks good get out in the kayak , do both if possible 

go home have a bath 

get dropped of in town for a few beers with wife/ lads/mates , everyone if possible 

7:00am Get up early to see either England or GB nil the Kangaroos to win the deciding test in a series.

10:00am watch the match again.

1:00pm watch the match again.

4:00pm watch the match again.

7:00pm watch the match again.

10:00pm watch the match again.

Sleep, happily sloshed.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think describing some of your actual best days would be better than hypothetical ones, but ...

Waking up with a single 600 thread count Egyptian cotton sheet over you and the warmth of the women you love against your back, a warmed almond croissant, toasted sausage sandwich and a freshly ground coffee for breakfast.

A gentle cycle ride into town, 20C almost windless day on roads that are motor free but filled with other cyclists, lazily browse some old book & bric-a-brac shops and maybe even a sneaky minute or two at the cycle jumble where I find a 1940s or 50s Carlton Jewel almost factory fresh for a silly low price ?

Lunch at a locally owned cafe, something simple like an omelet with freshly made chips and coleslaw (with NO ONION IN IT!) followed by hand made strawberry mille-feuille. Walk from the cafe to a golden beach, laze on the sand with a book from the shop listening to kids playing and the sound of the water, Have a quick swim and then a game of beach cricket with people you've never met, smashing the 8 year old bowling right into the water every time with no mercy?

A genteel cycle ride back, get the lounging chairs in the garden and the boy and g.kids come around for a few hours of games and some good music in the background. Out again for the evening with the boys in tow and meet up with the people we met on the beach earlier to have drinks, food and lots of great conversation at an outdoor cirque du soleil show.

Come back home, snuggle up the g,kids staying in the spare room with a story or two, sit with the boy idly chatting about this and that until past midnight.

Finally laying in bed, gazing into the eyes of the love of my life, telling her how much I love her, then going off onto some wildly tangential subject were we end up getting very existential but laughing ourselves to tears staring at the ceiling and just holding each others hand.

Yeah, that would be as near a perfect day as I can conjure up incl using some of the best moments in my life, I'd take a 1/4 of that however any day.

perfect day? consist of? 

waking up in the morning in a king size bed in a luxury hotel with Rachel riley on one side of me and Melinda messenger on the other (or even lookalikes will do)free room service all day - taking a break at tea time to watch England thrash Australia in an rl international - DIE HAPPY by 11.59pm

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

27 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

perfect day? consist of? 

waking up in the morning in a king size bed in a luxury hotel with Rachel riley on one side of me and Melinda messenger on the other (or even lookalikes will do)free room service all day - taking a break at tea time to watch England thrash Australia in an rl international - DIE HAPPY by 11.59pm

So part of your perfect day would be dropping dead? ?

18 hours ago, Futtocks said:

7:00am Get up early to see either England or GB nil the Kangaroos to win the deciding test in a series.

10:00am watch the match again.

1:00pm watch the match again.

4:00pm watch the match again.

7:00pm watch the match again.

10:00pm watch the match again.

Sleep, happily sloshed.

There must be time to watch the highlights 

Let's see, 

Wake up early with the actress Katherine Parkinson in my arms. ???  Go out onto the balcony and breathe in the cool, refreshing air of the Austrian alps. Full English for breakfast.  Watch England batter Australia in front of 90,000 people at Wembley while England yawnion take a walloping to Namibia at the same time.  Bit of love making to celebrate. Go for a walk around the quiet, mountain village in the snow with Kathy (she let's me call her that!). Have a fly round the mountains in my private plane (Beechcraft King Air). More lovemaking in the plane (hope I've set the autopilot right (what a way to die though!)). Maybe a hike up a mountain and just sit and take in the view. More love making. Go to a lakeside restaurant for a meal. Watch a bit of tele snuggled up together on sofa. More love making. Go to bed. More love making. Go to sleep. ?

Waking up about 0900, after a good eight hour sleep, before realising I have been paid both my benefits on the same day, Cup of tea, piece of toast with 2 slices of bacon, then shopping on a nice warm sunny day, buy enough food to last me a month, then down to the beach on the other side of the road for a couple of hours, or off to the zoo with my daughter, then home to prepare dinner for myself and my daughter, Roast lamb, with trimmings, Crab tartlets for starter, and my home made tiramisu, while there is a match on Sky, preferably Swinton beating Salford (it's an old match), dinner is cooked perfectly, and I also have my favourite wines. Then a decent film, and a late bed time.

or

Waking up about 0730 after a fitful nights sleep, because the builders upstairs have started drilling, shower isn't working properly, so a quick wash in luke warm water, milk and bread have gone off, so tea with no milk, with a half boiled kettle because my electric ran out, check my bank balance, and got one of my benefits, off to shop in the rain and wind to charge my electric key up, no bus fare, so walk to Lidls and overspend on shopping, so have to return some non-essentials, like milk, pizza, fresh fruit/vegetables. Have an argument with my ex about when I can see my daughter this week, and lose. Nothing on tv, so come on here, & get abuse for having an original idea, burn my Frey Bentos pie, and sit in front of a blank tv because the batteries have run out on the remote. Go to a "Meeting", and listen to the attendees moan about their jobs and family. Go back to my cold flat, because I can't put the heating on as it's too draining on the electric. Next door are having another party, 4 am the last one finished. Go to bed after checking the sports results, Lost, Lost, Lost, Lost. Into bed at 2200, and try and sleep under 2 duvets, to keep warm, but the noise from the party is too loud.

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Let's see, 

Wake up early with the actress Katherine Parkinson in my arms. ???  Go out onto the balcony and breathe in the cool, refreshing air of the Austrian alps. Full English for breakfast.  Watch England batter Australia in front of 90,000 people at Wembley while England yawnion take a walloping to Namibia at the same time.  Bit of love making to celebrate. Go for a walk around the quiet, mountain village in the snow with Kathy (she let's me call her that!). Have a fly round the mountains in my private plane (Beechcraft King Air). More lovemaking in the plane (hope I've set the autopilot right (what a way to die though!)). Maybe a hike up a mountain and just sit and take in the view. More love making. Go to a lakeside restaurant for a meal. Watch a bit of tele snuggled up together on sofa. More love making. Go to bed. More love making. Go to sleep. ?

What you doing in the afternoon ?

16 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Get the job as  the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders physio just as a spate of groin strains needing long extended treatment hit the entire team 

You do know Debbie is in her 60's ?

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

Waking up in the comfiest bed in the world with the in a villa in Islamorada.  Fresh coffee salmon and eggs on an English muffin hollandaise on the side.  Walk on a deserted beach Quick dip in the ocean bit of snorkelling.  read message from neighbours back home cats are fine but it’s bloody freezing.

Afternoon drive to Key West with the top down and tunes playing loud having a good sing along.

End up in the Green Parrot for a boozy night of nfl and live music.  Make some new friends watch Miami win there second game and possibly last of the season.

Recover with a lazy day at the beach.

Already kind of done it if you amalgamate two days. Stayed in a resort in the Philippines. After a day sitting round the pool watched State of Origin in the packed poolside restaurant surrounded by rugby league fan and accompanied by a very pleasant and beautiful young lady. Next night took the same young lady to see the Hong Kong Welsh male voice choir who were on tour. Combine the two and you have perfection 

On 11/11/2019 at 18:58, DavidM said:

Get the job as  the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders physio just as a spate of groin strains needing long extended treatment hit the entire team 

Head of knicker measuring, like the socks in cycling time trials, to make sure they aren't too long ... dream job?

Wake up Sunday feeling nicely sore after putting in a good performance for my team's win the day before

Breakfast with wife and kids then drive us all to Ealing for midday

Couple of beers in the Grange then get to Trailfinders. Watch Broncos beat the reigning Superleague champions whilst drinking and screaming with other Broncos fans and my family

Missus drives home, kids to bed. More booze then a bunk up in the bedroom before falling asleep

*this describes the exact events of 3rd March 2019 for the Bedfordshire Bronco

Archived