Rugby League video games

Spike

I have previously played rugby league live 3, I wonder if theres plans for a rl live 5 or a different series all together, rugby union has a new video game every year rugby 18 rugby 19 etc, could something like this happen in rugby league

RLL3 was fun to play as you could hot potato it to the wing and score Martin Offiah-style long-range tries with ease.

RLL4 is harder to love as you can’t hot potato it and have to use forwards properly to gain yardage. It’s more realistic but harder to win. You really earn your tries in that one.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

rugby union has a new video game every year rugby 18 rugby 19 etc, could something like this happen in rugby league

I don't think that's accurate.

Rugby '19 is the first one from a new developer. Previously there was the "Rugby Challenge" series through the same developers who do the Rugby League Live series, Big Ant studios.

new rise.jpg

1 hour ago, Pulga said:

I don't think that's accurate.

Rugby '19 is the first one from a new developer. Previously there was the "Rugby Challenge" series through the same developers who do the Rugby League Live series, Big Ant studios.

4741b743b6254f068b8d50949e634e8b_Large.png

download (10).jpeg

Rugby-18.jpeg

11 hours ago, Spike said:

I have previously played rugby league live 3, I wonder if theres plans for a rl live 5 or a different series all together, rugby union has a new video game every year rugby 18 rugby 19 etc, could something like this happen in rugby league

120 hrs in RLL3 and 100 hrs in RLL4.  

RLL3 was more arcade like while RLL4 is the superior Rugby League game as it's more realistic which also makes it harder.  A lot of people didn't like RLL4 because the learning curve is steep.

I would love a RLL5 and I don't doubt it will get made eventually.  The problem is the market for Rugby games isn't big at all so a company like EA will never make them.

Btw, all the Rugby Union games are terrible.  Rugby 18 was goddamn awful as is the Rugby Challenge series. Rugby 15 was a freakin abomination. The last actual quality Union game was EA Sports Rugby 08.

Rugby League Live is far superior in every aspect.

• 5 months later...

Archived