Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
flyingking

Lithuania's first game

Lithuania became the latest international Rugby League nation going down 58-0 to Wales Dragonhearts

Congratulations to Lithuania who become the latest addition to the international game. Their side, composed of Lithuanian born players who have all emigrated to the UK, travelled to Cardiff Arms Park to take on the community representative team Wales Dragonhearts. A commendable effort given that a number of the side had not played a 13 man game of rugby before.

Welcome to the international League family, Lithuania

Edited by flyingking
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

What was the score? 

11 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

What was the score? 

58-0 to Wales

Highlights here: https://wrl.wales/baptism-of-fire-for-lithuania-in-their-first-ever-international

Not sure what the Lithuanians standing at least 10 yards behind the play the ball is all about when in possession!

Good effort though, the Wales dragonhearts beat a solid England south east team recently 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I think the clue is in the OP link

I'm sorry Scoob' its the Irish in me. Just didn't see it. Thanks for putting me straight. 

• Haha 1

I've played with a few of the Lithuanian lads at Kings Lynn. Good bunch, hard as nails, and love the game. They've got tons to learn but good to see them setting up their own national side.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

I've played with a few of the Lithuanian lads at Kings Lynn. Good bunch, hard as nails, and love the game. They've got tons to learn but good to see them setting up their own national side.

Kings Lynn?? Is there still a team in Kings Lynn, I thought they folded a few years back (though of course you might be talking about a few years back!). 

Used to have a ton of young Lithuanian juniors (U15's) involved down here in east London. All were tough little buggers, and generally pretty big lads. A few with a fair bit of promise too. All now sadly lost to the game after the funding to the game in London was pulled.

Edited by EastLondonMike
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

Kings Lynn?? Is there still a team in Kings Lynn, I thought they folded a few years back (though of course you might be talking about a few years back!). 

No - sadly folded now after the Dunn’s left and a fair few Lithuanians went home. The club is still active on a social front but no playing/training activity sadly.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Vince Karalius was part Lithuanian. Enough said.

• Like 1

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion.