Argyle Intends To Bring Back Integrity To The Game

Kayakman

Well RL and SL have really done it now...I tried to warn everyone not to make Argyle mad.....they just couldn't listen to some common sense for a change...well Argyle is on the scene now and he intends to bring 'transparency' into the finances of the game and make some other much needed changes.

This is it!...the watershed moment for RL!...are we willing to follow the lead of Argyle and change the game and move it to new heights....OR...do we continue the slow decay and sad demise into oblivion?

Do we stand up NOW or do we bow down LIKE ALWAYS?

I'm with Argyle and the Wolfpack!

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sbw-coup-just-tip-of-iceberg-for-rugbydisrupters21-20191106-p5381q.html?fbclid=IwAR2ZblkKggFQPYU0RkDIoDxndNo9Ut_NzY3V7YmozTPEP7aYgMZDrrOOvso

If you expect the owners and management of traditional teams with their away-fan-dependent, poor-relation-to-other-sports mentality to be able to a) understand, b) see the value in and c) implement the kind of things the Wolfpack can do with Argyle's money and the professional, businesslike management which they have in place under Bob Hunter then I suggest that you're sadly mistaken.

2 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

If you expect the owners and management of traditional teams with their away-fan-dependent, poor-relation-to-other-sports mentality to be able to a) understand, b) see the value in and c) implement the kind of things the Wolfpack can do with Argyle's money and the professional, businesslike management which they have in place under Bob Hunter then I suggest that you're sadly mistaken.

Then they will have to be taught the hard way...they will learn one way or another...but make no doubt, the lesson will be taught and the pupils will learn.

The insight of some of the SL Old Guard have the depth and clarity of a mud puddle after a recent storm....but don't worry...we are coming to correct that...they have finally tangled with someone they can't bully.

Its going to happen no matter how much it costs...take it to the bank!

9 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Look there’s nothing happening other than a second rower who will never play center again.

Take that to the bank.

Sonny Bill is going to make an impact like a meteor hitting the moon.....

8 minutes ago, SL17 said:

You don’t have both.

We have way more than that...way more.

It's of no surprise that League is  in a bad way in the UK  if some of the comments on this board are anything to go by.For our game to survive  things have to change.We now have that chance so lets hope the powers that be  grab the chance and let our game flourish,which it should have done years ago.

5 minutes ago, frank said:

It's of no surprise that League is  in a bad way in the UK  if some of the comments on this board are anything to go by.For our game to survive  things have to change.We now have that chance so lets hope the powers that be  grab the chance and let our game flourish,which it should have done years ago.

?

10 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

but I think they need to wind back the arrogance significantly.

Is that what moving the sport on is called now?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

56 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Is that what moving the sport on is called now?

Which parts of that article showed they would move the sport on?

There are literally two things in that article.

Firstly, they want transparency over where the central funding they arent getting is going - it's going to the clubs. Our clubs re far more transparent with their financial records and community activity than TWP.

Secondly, he wants the RFL to have a word with the Home Office. A fair enough ask and the governing body should crack on with that, but that isnt a game changer at all.

So what are we getting excited about here? All the SBW stuff was announced last week.

Many will welcome Argyle shaking the RL tree and he is cleverly tapping into the supporters dissatisfaction with the sport's administrators but I just wish he would use the word "League" then I might feel a bit more comfortable with where he is taking this.

( Also from the Herald;  Argyle  annoyed some South Pacific delegates at an International Rugby League congress in York last year by continually referring to “rugby” and refusing to say “league”.)

29 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Firstly, they want transparency over where the central funding they arent getting is going - it's going to the clubs. Our clubs re far more transparent with their financial records and community activity than TWP.

Plenty of hyperbole around the Wolfpack article (and other stuff). But I like the message... accountability throughout the game. I don't think any of us would argue against that message.

On the other hand I like to think Brian Noble (with his long struggle to promote League) would n't have anything to do with it if he suspected a hidden agenda that was n't for the good of the game. So hopefully there are no Trojan horses involved.

28 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Plenty of hyperbole around the Wolfpack article (and other stuff). But I like the message... accountability throughout the game. I don't think any of us would argue against that message.

It depends on what we mean by accountability. Too often people just call for people to be sacked when there are empty seats at a game for example, when that isnt how businesses work. 

I'm all for transparency, but tbh the annual review is quite good and gives plenty details, it is more about the special things that can be missing.

• ckn locked this topic

1. ENOUGH OF THE HATE-FILLED ANTI-TORONTO STUFF BASED ON NOTHING BUT YOUR JEALOUSY.  We don't mind critical posts but we do mind hate-filled ones. Why not go find a UKIP forum somewhere to spout your anti-foreigner bile.

2. This forum is provided free of charge by a publishing house that makes its money via copyrighted materials. We don't approve in any way of you breaching the copyright of other sources simply because you don't want to pay for it, or have used more than the free quantity they give you.  Please don't.

3. And, Toronto/Canadian rugby fans... why not try to be nice about things, some of your posting is right on the edge of trolling. I sometimes let posters be fed to the angry folk when they bring it on themselves.

4. For our newer posters. Post-season is always when the forum gets bored and tempers fray.  If you find yourself getting angry for no good reason, go out, sit in the rain and get tiny bits of vitamin D that has two benefits, first you'll feel grateful to be back in and second you'll be off the forum for a while.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• ckn unlocked this topic
13 minutes ago, ckn said:

2. This forum is provided free of charge by a publishing house that makes its money via copyrighted materials. We don't approve in any way of you breaching the copyright of other sources simply because you don't want to pay for it, or have used more than the free quantity they give you.  Please don't.

I assume this was directed at me?

I understand, but for the record, I've seen and read posts that have done exactly that.

2 minutes ago, Omott91 said:

I assume this was directed at me?

I understand, but for the record, I've seen and read posts that have done exactly that.

If we see them, they get binned.  Also, we don't mind fair use such as a paragraph or three depending on the size of the article.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

Which parts of that article showed they would move the sport on?

There are literally two things in that article.

Secondly, he wants the RFL to have a word with the Home Office. A fair enough ask and the governing body should crack on with that, but that isnt a game changer at all.

So what are we getting excited about here? All the SBW stuff was announced last week.

And SWB is 33.  He is a name of course, and he will have interest and promotional value.  But it cannot add much to their gates, because tgey are already full.  It might help away attendances of course.

The only transparency we need is to do with Bradford (and of course the RU Premiership).

10 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

And SWB is 33.  He is a name of course, and he will have interest and promotional value.  But it cannot add much to their gates, because tgey are already full.  It might help away attendances of course.

The only transparency we need is to do with Bradford (and of course the RU Premiership).

$onny Bill Williams is 34 I believe. 

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

The SBW signing, the possible signing of other RU players, the netflix series, the salary cap changes they demand, transparency over the spending of the money which is SL money and probably will just go to clubs but making them say that out loud, that it is going in their pockets not grass roots is a good thing  

There is quite a lot in there from TWP thsts quite big. 

There is a lot tied up in the reporting of it that presents a combative narrative that isnt really included in the actual quotes. 

Things are going to change around here and we need to keep an eye on the money since it is of the utmost importance that the League 1 and Championship sides get their fair share to keep the grassroots going.

THE TIME OF USING TWO BIT SHAKEDOWNS IS OVER....a new age for RL is dawning.

Archived