Sign in to follow this  
Kayakman

Argyle Intends To Bring Back Integrity To The Game

all I know about Argyle is hes a very wealth Australian who made his money from the mining industry, he owns and funds the Toronto Wolfpack & stepped down from CEO position as he made racial comments to Swinton player. Toronto Wolfpack have been promoted to Super League in there 3rd Season and have signed SBW as a Marquee player on biggest contract in history of either code of rugby.

Since Richard Lewis left the RFL has made so many poor decisions - Stobarts sponsorship deal in exchange for logos on the side of trucks is one of the worst sports sponsorship deals ever,  changing of formats to super 8's with no grand final for the divisions below Super League and then changing the format back was needless and confusing, Buying the lease at Odsal then Bradford get relegated, then Bradford are again in financial trouble in a lower division they are deducted points for off field financial reason making it even harder to attract investors, when Bradfords new investors then decided to move away from Odsal leaving the RFL with no tenant and hundreds of thousands out of pocket, Then there is the repeated scheduling at short notice of England games against France at Leigh sports village mid week straight after the Super League Grand Final. Non UK teams have entered Challenge Cup for 20 years when a non UK side finally wins it RFL wants a bond to cover loss of revenue, well they should have thought of that before it happened. Honestly i will leave it there because it is so stupid you couldnt make these kind of things up.

I dont know about Argyle vs RFL but it is clear that the leadership of the RFL needs a total overhaul and new competent administrators found. clear competent  5 - 10 year plan put in place that is straight forward, focused on the development and promotion of the sport with sound financial decisions. That really Isn't to much to ask form your sports administrators.

Edited by kiwis 13 6
  • Like 8

On 10/11/2019 at 20:24, frank said:

It's of no surprise that League is  in a bad way in the UK  if some of the comments on this board are anything to go by.For our game to survive  things have to change.We now have that chance so lets hope the powers that be  grab the chance and let our game flourish,which it should have done years ago.

Pretty accurate summation.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TIWIT said:

Pretty accurate summation.

Toronto don’t have to be 'the saviours' of rugby league. It's the opportunity that they've presented that is the saviour.

It’s up to the RFL /Super League administration to take hold of this moment. 

This is a chance for the administration to show that they belong in the modern world. 

• Like 3

On 11/11/2019 at 13:01, Click said:

Are you saying that Toronto shouldn't have an interest in re-investing in the grassroutes here, because their grassroutes haven't grown enough yet?

Also, on your second point, if you listen to some of the Championship fans, then they would say they're not funding the grassroutes at all, and it's all about SL.

Nope, I am saying they are benefitting from the existing grassroots. That they have not invested in. Whilst others have invested in.

Don't if or if not investing in but suspect they are.

On 11/11/2019 at 15:01, Kayakman said:

And that is what we have been doing...we unrolled the red  carpet when we were in League 1 and Championship and treated the teams/clubs very well at our own expense...we've made investments in programming and clubs over there and have formed good partnerships (e.g. York).

We must preserve the grassroots in the heartlands at all costs...the SL teams are greedy and just want to pocket the money in the new contract with Sky...they must be stopped and STOPPED NOW!

Well clubs like leeds, saints and many if not all SL invest heavily in the grassroots. So maybe some homework for yourself.

2 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Well clubs like leeds, saints and many if not all SL invest heavily in the grassroots. So maybe some homework for yourself.

I know that and we support those programs...even got our University of Manchester program.  But did all of those clubs not get central funding?....there are other issues.

I know that there are alot of people on here that know more about this than me. But I've been on here for 3 years and I posted/communicated alot with the League 1 club fans and many are not happy!..they feel taken for granted and sort of like 'puppets' because SL controlled the Sky monies and they were not being distributed/used properly....then we went up to Championship for 2 years and many there expressed the exact same feeling except with even great emphasis! 

There need to be more transparency in the RFL and SL and simply, well I hate to say it, but they have to 'UP' their game.

I'm coming at this from a North American perspective on sport....some of the stuff that goes on would simply not cut the mustard for a pro sports league over here....

There are also many positIves and great things going on now also!....and I feel they outweigh the problems so we need to keep those things going...but the weak areas need to be addressed can rectified ASAP.  If we could just do that the future would be even brighter and the potential even great.

I BELIEVE WE CAN DO THIS!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I know that and we support those programs...even got our University of Manchester program.  But did all of those clubs not get central funding?....there are other issues.

I know that there are alot of people on here that know more about this than me. But I've been on here for 3 years and I posted/communicated alot with the League 1 club fans and many are not happy!..they feel taken for granted and sort of like 'puppets' because SL controlled the Sky monies and they were not being distributed/used properly....then we went up to Championship for 2 years and many there expressed the exact same feeling except with even great emphasis! 

There need to be more transparency in the RFL and SL and simply, well I hate to say it, but they have to 'UP' their game.

I'm coming at this from a North American perspective on sport....some of the stuff that goes on would simply not cut the mustard for a pro sports league over here....

There are also many positIves and great things going on now also!....and I feel they outweigh the problems so we need to keep those things going...but the weak areas need to be addressed can rectified ASAP.  If we could just do that the future would be even brighter and the potential even great.

I BELIEVE WE CAN DO THIS!

I'm no big fan of the rfl at all but do the facts on central funding substantiate the moans. As distinct from recent planned or annouced changes.

Have to be more specific rather than lumping rfl, SL, all clubs into same bucket on any issue.

16 hours ago, redjonn said:

I'm no big fan of the rfl at all but do the facts on central funding substantiate the moans. As distinct from recent planned or annouced changes.

Have to be more specific rather than lumping rfl, SL, all clubs into same bucket on any issue.

PARA 1:  I don't know.

PARA 2: The issues are well known but I agree with what you have written....each of the issues is unique and has to be looked at individually.  There seem to be patterns though....that is the worrying part.

Edited by Kayakman

14 hours ago, Kayakman said:

PARA 1:  I don't know.

PARA 2: The issues are well known but I agree with what you have written....each of the issues is unique and has to be looked at individually.  There do seem to be patterns though....that is the worrying part.

yep.... RFL seem to be strategically limiting in their thinking.... me thinks

• Like 1

On 13/11/2019 at 13:07, redjonn said:

yep.... RFL seem to be strategically limiting in their thinking.... me thinks

Because of the limited sums of money the RFL has always been a "risk averse" organisation but what seems to have gone completely unappreciated is that they let TWP in, left it up to the clubs to decide and they did, and essentially, after due dilligence, put all the risk into TWP's hands. Any club with the means of TWP and the attitudes from NA was always going to be a game changer and if not the moaners would just have another PSG field day. So it was always a win win for the groaners while TWP are here whinge whinge andd if they go Ner Ner Ner told you so!

Some of the criticism has to be aimed at club chairmen who are not just risk but change and outside the box averse as well!

All organisations get too cosy with the way things have always worked, some cling to them like flotsam and jetsam as a means of survival and when in that mode you hope to survive and can't think about prospering.

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 2

“Thank you Salford & Eccles!”     

25 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Because of the limited sums of money the RFL has always been a "risk averse" organisation but what seems to have gone completely unappreciated is that they let TWP in, left it up to the clubs to decide and they did, and essentially, after due dilligence, put all the risk into TWP's hands. Any club with the means of TWP and the attitudes from NA was always going to be a game changer and if not the moaners would just have another PSG field day. So it was always a win win for the groaners while TWP are here whinge whinge andd if they go Ner Ner Ner told you so!

Some of the criticism has to be aimed at club chairmen who are not just risk but change and outside the box averse as well!

All organisations get too cosy with the way things have always worked, some cling to them like flotsam and jetsam as a means of survival and when in that mode you hope to survive and can't think about prospering.

Good post 

On 11/11/2019 at 08:17, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I don't mind the "in your face" stuff. I think we need more of it in the sport. We're "too respectful" in some ways. The hype that surrounds some sports matches, especially boxing, brings out the less casual watchers.

I like the 'tone' of Warrington's output

Challenging and attempting to hype but tongue firmly in cheek