Saluzzo Roosters

Here's an article:

https://www.ideawebtv.it/2019/10/08/rivoluzione-saluzzo-north-west-roosters-si-passa-a-15-e-con-un-nuovo-tecnico/?fbclid=IwAR2HmOaeGzTd9pvVSUWS-ngamkAYzzkLG_K9-cJj70vpDxzDZZqegJeF4RY

The Saluzzo North West Roosters will no longer be protagonists in the Rugby League, the thirteen player rugby. This is the main novelty communicated by the company of Manta on its Facebook profile, specifying that it is a choice dictated "by the immobility of a system increasingly far from the real needs of those who like us love this game and just for this reason do not feel like having to abandon it. The choice, in short, presented as a "goodbye", stems from the lack of an official championship and normalized that could give guarantees to the association of the Marquisate.
The club, however, will still live, "reinventing itself" in the Rugby Union championship of the Italian Rugby Federation, for the most traditional fifteen-player rugby (the oval ball in its declination most known to the general public).
"Our first goal is to protect our athletes" - said the company, which, just as regards the technical part, then made it known in another post that after three seasons Elio Giacoma will no longer be the coach of Saluzzo North West Roosters. Christian Albertini will replace him at the helm of Saluzzo, who will then be entrusted with the new project to fifteen.

They did say that they'd be willing to switch back if a proper system got going and they were properly supported.

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2019 at 22:52, Heritage XIII said:

So much for the advantages of Italian Rugby League being under the Italian Rugby Union

Yep, but don't draw attention to it because it'll just end up applause fodder on the cross - sport zone.

FFR.PNG.051abb42c85e6a5f82d3f17275b14a87.PNGJust saying!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

• 1 month later...

Yes this happened I think nearly a year ago.  Really really sad news.  They were the one and only shining light for Italian Rugby League.  If I were FIRL, I'd have moved heaven and earth to get some clubs started around Saluzzo, with the hope of getting a 4-team comp going in the region.  Turin and Genoa are major cities, which were both fairly nearby.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 17/04/2020 at 18:20, Wollongong said:

If Italy have no league structure... do they meet the requirements for membership of the European or International federations??? 

One would say no they do not, but I'm not sure the RLEF or IRL will do a great deal about it - especially with them playing in a world cup in 18 months time.

Pathetic really.

I am certain there are several full members that are not even meeting requirements for Afilliate membership (which requires 4 teams) let alone Full membership.  For example, the Russian Rugby League guy just the other day said they have not run a domestic comp for 2 years.  Yet they are still full members.  I do not mean to single them out as there are at least half a dozen countries that are guilty of this, but it is just a recent example that sticks out in my mind.

Archived