2020 Summer Bash

phildog

Have seen elsewhere that Toulouse are not going to appear at the Bash as they are holding their own French version of it. That will a) leave 1 team without a Bash fixture so only 5 fixtures in the weekend and b) leave a team without their share of the income, unless arrangements have been made otherwise. Will Sky still be interested in televising an under-strength event? Also, it is time IMO to demand that ALL clubs take part FULLY in the timetable and competitions of the RFL, i.e. Toronto not being allowed to duck out of the Challenge Cup. It's a mockery for a SL team to be missing from the game's most prestigious occasion.

3 hours ago, phildog said:

Have seen elsewhere that Toulouse are not going to appear at the Bash as they are holding their own French version of it. That will a) leave 1 team without a Bash fixture so only 5 fixtures in the weekend and b) leave a team without their share of the income, unless arrangements have been made otherwise. Will Sky still be interested in televising an under-strength event? Also, it is time IMO to demand that ALL clubs take part FULLY in the timetable and competitions of the RFL, i.e. Toronto not being allowed to duck out of the Challenge Cup. It's a mockery for a SL team to be missing from the game's most prestigious occasion.

6 games at Summer Bash 3 Saturday 3 Sunday. Believe its Toulouse V London in Toulouse

Toronto are taking part in the Challenge Cup.

7 minutes ago, redditchbulldog said:

Toronto didnt take part in the challenge cup as RFL was wanting a bond from them , Toulouse and Catalans to enter, they relented with Cats due to them been cup holders but didn't for the other 2 and it was something like 1/2 mill that they wanted

Indeed. This is the real mockery.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

To me if we are going to have the Summer Bash then all clubs should take part in it and at the same venue....or not at all.

Not at all would suit me, although I suspect that I am in the minority. I continue to feel that the arbitrary way that the fixtures are decided leads to a degree of bias in individual club's fixtures that could be vital for those battling against relegation.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

41 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Not at all would suit me, although I suspect that I am in the minority. I continue to feel that the arbitrary way that the fixtures are decided leads to a degree of bias in individual club's fixtures that could be vital for those battling against relegation.

yes....until this year you lot were always guaranteed the 2 points when you played us....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

On 14/11/2019 at 11:26, Blind side johnny said:

And me too.

My club Swinton Lions make no or very little money from the game at the seaside.

10 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

And me too.

My club Swinton Lions make no or very little money from the game at the seaside.

I am not sure it should be about money. But I guess that is the point, I am not sure what it is for. I would happily do without it. For me, it devalues the local derby. Neither us not Dewsbury really need another fixture against each other.

Firstly I find it unbelievable that the Toulouse situation is allowed to happen: there will only be 5 matches for Sky to cover unless they're sending a crew to televise the London game. Secondly, every team in the RFL now has been in business long enough to be trustworthy IMO and should be allowed, nay instructed to take a full part in the RFL calendar. Imagine a team getting promoted from the National Conference to Division 2 in football and the FA saying give us half a million nicker or you can't be in the FA Cup

On 19/11/2019 at 20:41, distantdog said:

I am not sure it should be about money. But I guess that is the point, I am not sure what it is for. I would happily do without it. For me, it devalues the local derby. Neither us not Dewsbury really need another fixture against each other.

When first announced one of the main reasons given was that it would allow the fans of Championship clubs to have 'a day out at the seaside'. 

Archived