NRL Best Tries 2019 - Video

Farmduck

It would be nice to have a permanent link to this video which we can use for when someone has watched a video of the best tries of the decade for the 1980's and proclaims that all the skill and excitement has gone out of Rugby League.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 hours ago, Dunbar said:

It would be nice to have a permanent link to this video which we can use for when someone has watched a video of the best tries of the decade for the 1980's and proclaims that all the skill and excitement has gone out of Rugby League.

Or every time someone describes the NRL as "robotic".

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Some great tries but the tackling, well non tackling for that second try was absolutely diabolical, just stood around and let him run through, it's not really a great try, it's a good try from your teams POV but it's the absolute pitts of defending that allows it.

I normally stick up for when the offence has made the defence look ordinary but that's the other way around for me, an man with one working hip could have waltzed through that lot!

This video shows us most of the most brilliant attacking players in the NRL:

James Tedesco, Latrell Mitchell (Sydney Roosters)

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (New Zealand Warriors)

Kalyn Ponga (Newcastle Knights)

Maika Sivo (Parramatta Eels)

Ryan Papenhuyzen (Melbourne Storm)

David Fifita, Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos)

Unfortunately there is nobody in Super League who has the attacking brilliance of those players.

Missing from the video is Shaun Johnson (Cronulla Sharks), who did not have his best year in 2019.

25 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Missing from the video is Shaun Johnson (Cronulla Sharks), who did not have his best year in 2019.

When it comes to Johnson, this very early Touch footage is just pure entertainment, despite the ropey AV quality. Rubber legs!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived