Sat 16 Nov: Women's Intl: Papua New Guinea v England 5am (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Papua New Guinea
    • England

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/11/19 at 05:00

2 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Our only hope of a win I feel, just seen the BBC are showing it live on the Red Button with a repeat of both games later in the morning at sensible o' clock.

The Radio Times website confirms that "Sport" will be on the Red Button from 4:45am, so I assume that is a placeholder for the womens' match. There is also a "Sport" slot from 9:25am up 'til the replay of the mens' test at 11:30am.

However, the BBC Red Button Schedule page shows a loop of "Radio 2 in Concert" during those slots. 

I'm hoping it is a late decision, and they just haven't updated their on-line schedules yet.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

The Radio Times website confirms that "Sport" will be on the Red Button from 4:45am, so I assume that is a placeholder for the womens' match. There is also a "Sport" slot from 9:25am up 'til the replay of the mens' test at 11:30am.

However, the BBC Red Button Schedule page shows a loop of "Radio 2 in Concert" during those slots. 

I'm hoping it is a late decision, and they just haven't updated their on-line schedules yet.

Now confirmed on the Radio Times website for Saturday morning - live from 4:45am (KO at 5) and repeated at 9:25am. Fantastic decision by the BBC. :kolobok_cool:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Now confirmed on the Radio Times website for Saturday morning - live from 4:45am (KO at 5) and repeated at 9:25am. Fantastic decision by the BBC. :kolobok_cool:

The wife tells me it's also on iPlayer so that means it will be available for 30 days.

• John Drake changed the title to Sat 16 Nov: Women's Intl: Papua New Guinea v England 5am (UK Time) (TV)

24min: Another try to Orchids.    Goal kick is being held up by ref because ..... dunno. Some touch judge report .... It's a complaint of biting against PNG #11. Drama!!

Great kick from out wide by Kaiat. PNG 10 - 6

Great game.

Not sure if anyone here has seen Power Meri, the documentary about the Orchids. 

A win here for them would be enormous. It really would mean the world to them.

new rise.jpg

13 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Very enjoyable first half.

is the PNG prop Albert the much bigger sister of Wellington?

nrl.com did a profile of her and didn't mention it so maybe not.

Archived