Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Copa

Canberra establish academy with Huddersfield

Recommended Posts

Interesting..

No doubt the Raiders will be looking at who has potential. The Raiders wouldn’t be doing this if they weren’t going to gain.

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/11/13/raiders-and-giants-establish-cross-continent-academy/

“This academy partnership will allow talented young English players the opportunity to come to Australia and test themselves against the best young players in Australia,” Furner said. “They will have the opportunity to train and play in the Raiders junior system and go back home with more experience.

“The Raiders have always had a strong focus on junior development, and we believe we have one of the best pathway systems in the NRL. Through this academy, this pathway is now open to a new group of players from England, who can gain valuable tools in their journey to becoming first-grade players.”

Edited by Copa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember when Woolford took over, there was a multi-year plan discussed to overhaul the club from bottom to top.

We are now starting to see Woolford getting his own choices of people in roles which can only benefit us.

Couple more comings and goings expected before the pre-season matches start.

Should be a much better season in 2020, espically if we can keep injury free which was a massive issue for us last time out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our emphasis the last few years seem to be on development, we have got some great potential around , but that's what they are at the moment, potential, the likes of Innes, Louis, Jake Wardle, Sam Hewitt, Matty English, Ollies Russell and Wilson, Jon-Luke Kirby, and there's Dom Young who is still acaemy age, Ronan Michael who has developed superbly over the last 18 months, who is on the brink of the first team squad now, we've also lost 2 good players to RU from our academy and a few others have left to join other clubs or pursue other options.

This can surely only better us in the long run I'm sure?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, meast said:

Our emphasis the last few years seem to be on development, we have got some great potential around , but that's what they are at the moment, potential, the likes of Innes, Louis, Jake Wardle, Sam Hewitt, Matty English, Ollies Russell and Wilson, Jon-Luke Kirby, and there's Dom Young who is still acaemy age, Ronan Michael who has developed superbly over the last 18 months, who is on the brink of the first team squad now, we've also lost 2 good players to RU from our academy and a few others have left to join other clubs or pursue other options.

This can surely only better us in the long run I'm sure?

What’s your young half Pinder like? Got called into the wales squad recently but know nothing of him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's busy, got a good long and short kicking game aswell as goalkicking, not afraid to take the line on and likes to get stuck in on defence, would be interesting to see how he goes in a step up, presuming he gets that chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Giants Academy has gone from strength to strength under Head of Youth & Director of Rugby Andy Kelly. This is yet another fantastic development brought to fruition by Woolford and Kelly which will push the already “outstanding” rated Academy even further.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

What’s your young half Pinder like? Got called into the wales squad recently but know nothing of him. 

Sometimes lack a bit of confidence in himself but he really needn’t feel that way as he’s a very good player.

Hes very quick if he makes a break and has scored several length of the field try’s.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, OMEGA said:

The Giants Academy has gone from strength to strength under Head of Youth & Director of Rugby Andy Kelly. This is yet another fantastic development brought to fruition by Woolford and Kelly which will push the already “outstanding” rated Academy even further.

And also ably assisted by the Supporters Association which has raised over £30,000 in the last few years by organising and running the academy and scholarship games and raising funds throughout the year 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, OMEGA said:

Sometimes lack a bit of confidence in himself but he really needn’t feel that way as he’s a very good player.

Hes very quick if he makes a break and has scored several length of the field try’s.

He's also alongside Will Pryce next season as it stands, both are similar type players, but Pryce is a bit more explosive with ball in hand, like his dad, Pinder more an organiser I'd say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...