with nothing much to do and not much happening on the forums i found myself counting the total number of posts on the 11 main forums and i see that we are about 35,000 away from the millionth post.

surely we can't let this go by without some kind of fanfare.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

3 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

Let’s open a book on whether the millionth post will say something positive or negative about our wonderful game. 

9 to 4 on negative

Perhaps Dutoni will come back just in time to post it?

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

3 hours ago, my missus said:

with nothing much to do and not much happening on the forums i found myself counting the total number of posts on the 11 main forums and i see that we are about 35,000 away from the millionth post.

surely we can't let this go by without some kind of fanfare.

If we categorised them into what each one says it would be about 25 posts in total 

Half of them about TW

14 hours ago, my missus said:

lets have a comp on when the millionth post will happen i will go for feb 4th at 7pmish

Sky will move that to the 6th which is a Thursday.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

13 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Pretty sure the counter has been reset/altered various times over the decades.

If we are wheeling out old posters for the ceremonial millionth how about Dally or Paley?

The last big reset was 2004 when John moved us to this platform. The forum was subject to archiving for a while as the size of the forum was getting excessive but I think that hasn't applied for the last few years.

Also, I wonder how many posts I've deleted over the years ?

I predict the 1,000,000th post will be whining about "JANUARY IS NOT SUMMER! RUGBY LEAGUE IS MEANT TO BE SUMMER RUGBY" from someone complaining about the Wigan vs Warrington game on 30th Jan.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Archived