Double Header - Toulouse and Catalan

Should be a great event. My only gripe would be that they should have picked a team with decent away support to play Toulouse. Bradford would have been great. 
Would created a better atmosphere in the ground and make it feel like a bigger event. 

7 minutes ago, Cdd said:

Should be a great event. My only gripe would be that they should have picked a team with decent away support to play Toulouse. Bradford would have been great. 
Would created a better atmosphere in the ground and make it feel like a bigger event. 

I don't disagree, but from a 'corporate interest' perspective London beats Bradford hands down every single time. 

31 minutes ago, Cdd said:

Given it will effectively be going head-to-head with Summer Bash, there was no chance one of the more well-supported clubs would have been going.

57 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It’s instead of, Bash will have one less game. 

I don't think that was the question he was asking. 

How are they allowed to play there instead of the Bash?

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

7 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

I don't think that was the question he was asking. 

How are they allowed to play there instead of the Bash?

Why shouldn't they be allowed to? As long as everyone agrees, is happy and fans know before buying tickets then I don't see the issue.

36 minutes ago, Damien said:

Why shouldn't they be allowed to? As long as everyone agrees, is happy and fans know before buying tickets then I don't see the issue.

I wasn't asking the question, I was clarifying what I thought Mark was asking. I couldn't care less to be honest but it does raise the question around participation at these types of event. If it's optional it sets a potentially dangerous precedent.

3736-mipm.gif

26 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

It's funny to see the same people who moan London and Toulouse dont bring any fans, still complain when they do something else

Who has complained?

3736-mipm.gif

18 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

It's funny to see the same people who moan London and Toulouse dont bring any fans, still complain when they do something else

That isn't the point he's making , it is that Toulouse will get a home fixture rather than a neutral one ? , bottom line is it's common sense really , Toulouse and London obviously don't bring many fans to the Bash so if they've come up with a better option then fair enough 

Obviously some will take the conspiracy theory of Toulouse getting more help to get promoted ?

This is a forward thinking idea as Toulouse and London between them would bring only 200 fans to the Summer Bash. Toulouse gets to be part of an event held in Toulouse that will draw decent crowd at the new stadium. For once this sport has done the best thing for the sport. Summer Bash still has all sides from relatively nearby in the north of England attending who draw 99% of the crowd to this event anyway so it wont impact crowd numbers much if at all.

5 hours ago, Cdd said:

They played Toronto who have no away support and got one of their biggest home attendances ever....

2 minutes ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

This is a forward thinking idea as Toulouse and London between them would bring only 200 fans to the Summer Bash. Toulouse gets to be part of an event held in Toulouse that will draw decent crowd at the new stadium. For once this sport has done the best thing for the sport. Summer Bash still has all sides from relatively nearby in the north of England attending who draw 99% of the crowd to this event anyway so it wont impact crowd numbers much if at all.

Must have been led by the French if it was a good idea!

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

That isn't the point he's making , it is that Toulouse will get a home fixture rather than a neutral one ? , bottom line is it's common sense really , Toulouse and London obviously don't bring many fans to the Bash so if they've come up with a better option then fair enough 

Obviously some will take the conspiracy theory of Toulouse getting more help to get promoted ?

Hmmm Toulouse get the SL relegated team whilst others get lesser opponents....

Obviously done to maximise attendance of the round and therefore more revenue for the champ clubs

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

The full press release states that Toulouse’s original home game against London will be moved to a double header in Leeds in August, to avoid Toulouse getting an extra home fixture. Seems like it’s all been thought through and everyone’s a winner...

1 hour ago, yipyee said:

Hmmm Toulouse get the SL relegated team whilst others get lesser opponents....

Obviously done to maximise attendance of the round and therefore more revenue for the champ clubs

I said ' some ' , my view was ' it's common sense ' 

40 minutes ago, Luxembourger said:

The full press release states that Toulouse’s original home game against London will be moved to a double header in Leeds in August, to avoid Toulouse getting an extra home fixture. Seems like it’s all been thought through and everyone’s a winner...

Indeed , I hadn't read the release , I was just commenting on others comments 

10 hours ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

Totally agreed and would have been the early kick off game which most miss even if you aim to get there for 12pm you never do 

Doubling up a double header on two iconic rugby grounds. Bernard Sarrazain, Gary Hetherington and Bernard Guasch stand up - not forgetting too Stade Touloulsain boss  Didier Lacroix. Should be two great occaisons.

datPhoto1_5dce6ef0caa2f_.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Archived