Fixtures 2020

NickD

39 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

......and against a team that would bring a few more across if it were played on the Sunday whereas it wouldn't make much difference for the Bulls opponents.

Leigh will bring a few on a Friday night.  They like a beer?

1 hour ago, muddyfunster said:

IMO a rubbish idea. Why should we have to give up our home advantage. I know ST holders get to use their tickets and I see there will be free buses but I can't imagine we'll get the bar takings etc and I'd be interested to know what rates the Rhinos will be charging us (I can't believe it will be gratis)? I believe it a looser for us, and it should be the bulls home game that gets switched. 

Sad about this negativity.   Think this is a great plan.  Sounds like rhinos given us a good deal and it’s something different.  Got to feel for those trying to change things up at the rams.  
Next thing you’ll know people will be wanting winter rugby again?

2 minutes ago, NickD said:

Sad about this negativity.   Think this is a great plan.  Sounds like rhinos given us a good deal and it’s something different.  Got to feel for those trying to change things up at the rams.  
Next thing you’ll know people will be wanting winter rugby again?

Agreed!!!  ...... Paradigm shift!!!   ... What if the deal that we have been offered at Leeds gives us more net income than playing at home? What if it gives us more than the Bulls playing at ours?

10% of a lot is better than 100% of nowt!!

We really need to trust that MS will not make decisions that are not in the Rams best interests!!

11 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

We really need to trust that MS will not make decisions that are not in the Rams best interests!!

What like playing at Leeds lol

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I just believe that it should be the Bulls who forfeit the home game (by this I mean income) and cover costs, as theres no real playing advantage, for this one. Afterall the Tetleys stadium is the permanent home of our Rams not the other way round. Okay I don't know the facts of the deal, but like BSJ said playing into the hands of the conspiracy theorists. I'm one in that case and it stinks! 

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Leigh will bring a few on a Friday night.  They like a beer?

Friday Jan 31st, driving home on the M62 at 9.30pm. I wouldn't fancy it, that's for sure.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

So am I reading this correctly 

2 points for a win 

1 point for a draw ...... plus another point for the golden point ? ..... so 2 points for a winning draw!

They must  have been on the bottle!!

Oh and a Friday night in january to start the season!!

As a traditionalist (you know, play a game on a Saturday from September to April with three points for a try and two points for any goal) I dislike the squad number system and now, the golden point. It wouldn’t be so bad if the system outlawed the drop goal for the ten minute period. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

12 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

As a traditionalist (you know, play a game on a Saturday from September to April with three points for a try and two points for any goal) I dislike the squad number system and now, the golden point. It wouldn’t be so bad if the system outlawed the drop goal for the ten minute period. 

Spot on!!!! 

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

And stop people from keep calling them "field goals"!!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Let's make the assumption that MS knows what he's doing.

He might just have done the calculation that the share of the gate from the Rhinos match plus the rent from staging the Bulls v Rams "away" game at Dewsbury was worth more than the other way round.

It's the same game at Ram Stadium either way, but if the Bulls are at "home", we can charge them rent.

So as it stands, we get gate share from the Rhinos plus rent from Bradford for the "away" game.

Might be wrong but one thing MS isn't, is financially ignorant.

On 17/11/2019 at 19:59, Crown Flatter said:

Or stress on a ref who thinks nowt on given a penalty for offside in the twentieth minute of a game underneath the posts then thinks twice in the first minute of golden point. But at least getting a point out of it lessens the disappointment of sudden death.

Archived