Bulldog Days

Leading on from my post of the Boxing Day thread, surely is it not a conflict of interest for Mark Sawyer to own 24.9% of the new Bring Bulls Back to Bradford Ltd (the new owners of Bradford Bulls) and also be a Chairman of Dewsbury Rams, both Clubs in the same division, especially in his capacity as owner of a Bookmakers?

Cant possibly see bradford playing from odsal again. I know the rfl has said it will pay out £200.000 each year to maintain odsal, for what?  Bradford gave it up because they couldn't afford to play there. Maybe the rfl will show a bit of favouritism towards the bulls for the 2021 season and give them tenancy at a reduced rate just to have the bulls back in bradford.

53 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Cant possibly see bradford playing from odsal again. I know the rfl has said it will pay out £200.000 each year to maintain odsal, for what?  Bradford gave it up because they couldn't afford to play there. Maybe the rfl will show a bit of favouritism towards the bulls for the 2021 season and give them tenancy at a reduced rate just to have the bulls back in bradford.

The obvious solution would be a ground share with Bradford City at Valley Parade. I can honestly see Odsal being sold for development, and the RFL recouping their losses, unless the newly formed takeover vehicle (BBBB Ltd) with Mark Sawyer as a shareholder can buy Odsal back at favorable rates from the RFL, and reverse the current agreement where Dewsbury Rams will be playing in Bradford! A lot of smoke and mirrors at the moment, despite Mr Sawyer's assurances!

4 hours ago, Bulldog Days said:

Leading on from my post of the Boxing Day thread, surely is it not a conflict of interest for Mark Sawyer to own 24.9% of the new Bring Bulls Back to Bradford Ltd (the new owners of Bradford Bulls) and also be a Chairman of Dewsbury Rams, both Clubs in the same division, especially in his capacity as owner of a Bookmakers?

The rules allow for a Person of Influence at one club to also own less than 25% of the shares of others without also automatically becoming a PoI at those clubs - you can only be a PoI at ONE club. There are also a number of other criteria (in particular regarding to authority , actions and responsibilities) that would cause someone to be regarded as a PoI.......

29 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

It’s boring now let dewsbury do whatever they want same with Bradford 

if it’s not batley rlfc people involved Then why should it matter, Kevin offered legal advice that’s all... move on 

Can't remember mentioning Kevin Tom. I think the situation is interesting to people of the Heavy Woollen area,  and TBH  could be a blueprint for the future survival of Clubs like ours, attracting expertise, funding, and sharing of resources. Interesting to see how it all developes.

38 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

if it’s not batley rlfc people involved Then why should it matter, Kevin offered legal advice that’s all... move on 

Earlier reports said that KN was talso taking a stake. Is this now incorrect?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The rules allow for a Person of Influence at one club to also own less than 25% of the shares of others without also automatically becoming a PoI at those clubs - you can only be a PoI at ONE club. There are also a number of other criteria (in particular regarding to authority , actions and responsibilities) that would cause someone to be regarded as a PoI.......

Thanks for the confirmation Les. Rules are rules, but if someone has nearly a 25% stake in Club, they are certainly not going to hold back in their input.

19 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Earlier reports said that KN was talso taking a stake. Is this now incorrect?

Full list of shareholders as of last weekend:

200 - KIMBERLEY STATHER, 249 - MARK SAWYER, 81 - MICHAEL SAWYER, 150 - Sue Allen, 100 - HELENA SMITH, 50 -SANDRA WOOD, 50 - STEVEN WOOD, 50 - WENDY WOOD, 50 - NIGEL WOOD, 20 - ADAM FOGERTY

4 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

200 - KIMBERLEY STATHER, 249 - MARK SAWYER, 81 - MICHAEL SAWYER, 150 - Sue Allen, 100 - HELENA SMITH, 50 -SANDRA WOOD, 50 - STEVEN WOOD, 50 - WENDY WOOD, 50 - NIGEL WOOD, 20 - ADAM FOGERTY

Looks like the Sawyer brothers collectively have one third control of Bradford Bulls via the new business BBBB Ltd, and the Wood family own 20% collectively Les. Interesting developments ahead!

19 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Interesting dilemma if Bradford need to beat Dewsbury to qualify for SL play offs next season? Wonder how that might affect any shareholding values !

9 minutes ago, Bulldog Days said:

Looks like the Sawyer brothers collectively have one third control of Bradford Bulls via the new business BBBB Ltd, and the Wood family own 20% collectively Les. Interesting developments ahead!

I've seen it reported that the Wood family own about 1/3rd - I think some of the non Woods are part of the family.  

2 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Do we have your permission  to discuss it on this forum or should we ignore it altogether? Would you let us discuss the retirement of Sam Burgess? I know it doesn't involve Batley people but he did come from just down the road!

46 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Don’t worry bulls won’t be anywhere near super league any time soon.

Don't underestimate the effort and power of John Kear. He's different class. He's a motivator. He makes you believe. Seen it first hand Graham he's different gravy. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

12 hours ago, colinb said:

Don't underestimate the effort and power of John Kear. He's different class. He's a motivator. He makes you believe. Seen it first hand Graham he's different gravy. 

I would go as far to say Colin he is the best Coach we have had in living memory, and he also gives the fans something to believe in - he's a transparent and genuine guy also, something which our sport badly needs.

I would go as far to say Colin he is the best Coach we have had in living memory, and he also gives the fans something to believe in - he's a transparent and genuine guy also, something which our sport badly needs.

I seem to recall a host of your fans calling for his sacking. Fickle or ill-informed?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

18 hours ago, Bulldog Days said:

Interesting dilemma if Bradford need to beat Dewsbury to qualify for SL play offs next season? Wonder how that might affect any shareholding values !

I am baffled by people who always see the worst in others, despite years of evidence to the contrary.

Honestly, would anybody who's prime interest was in "shareholder value" invest a single penny in any RL club in this country?

Paul Storey easily best coach at batley in my time followed by wardy and JK 

stozza took over a side who lacked confidence within the club and if it wasn’t for full time Huddersfield or big spending Leigh abit of bad luck  he’d of made the grand final... he’s man management was wonderful plus motivation to get his side up for the game every week plus he had a great relationship with the fans 

Haves and have nots.

Stopped being interested in the bulls drama a while back. They have the fan base and the history but surely their reputation is in tatters.

Any small business or in fact a large one willing to give a service to this company for money needs their head testing.

Invoice with payment in 30 or 60 days terms??????!!!!!! I'd insist on 30 or 60 minutes!

The rams are either very shrewd with a projected profit or playing with fire 

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 hour ago, 9' oller said:

Haves and have nots.

Stopped being interested in the bulls drama a while back. They have the fan base and the history but surely their reputation is in tatters.

Any small business or in fact a large one willing to give a service to this company for money needs their head testing.

Invoice with payment in 30 or 60 days terms??????!!!!!! I'd insist on 30 or 60 minutes!

The rams are either very shrewd with a projected profit or playing with fire 

Cash up front 9'O, as detailed by Mark Sawyer at fans' forums, something that not every club seems to hold.

Archived