Teams you want to see promoted

8 hours ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

On another tack, after all the moaning last season about Toronto finishing top, and then getting too many advantages, are we finally having the grand final at Headingley this season? Or do we run the risk of Toulouse getting all these advantages?

What about having it at a French neutral venue? Or does Toulouse equal the whole of France? So top team means GF is in home country of that team?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, aj1908 said:

Yeh the team that comes first shouldn't get all these advantages.....

Unless it's on the m62

My point is Superleague has always had a grand final at s neutral ground, and Fev. had to go away to France one week and then travel to Canada within 7 days. Surely they should have had at least a week off before the final?

1 minute ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

My point is Superleague has always had a grand final at s neutral ground, and Fev. had to go away to France one week and then travel to Canada within 7 days. Surely they should have had at least a week off before the final?

If they'd come first like Toronto they would've had a home final like Toronto did 

Sounds like sour grapes over Toronto getting promoted 

2 hours ago, Bartholemew Smythe said:

What about having the SL GF in France or Canada?

That may well happen in the future. Who knows the GF may go out to tender like the Champions League final in years to come? You can't just say all neutral venues have to be along the M62 - because that would make people look insular.

On 12/12/2019 at 08:15, Gooleboy said:

I would be surprised if anything changes, let's hope that if the Final is in Toulouse, the thousands of fans they have waiting in the wings, ( that some on here inform us about ) who are waiting for them to get into SL, turn out to cheer them on.

If Toulouse make the GF I doubt the Stade Ernest-Wallon will be big enough, they’ll probably have to move it to the football ground which holds 33,000, or maybe even Marseille’s Stade Velodrome. 

On 11/12/2019 at 12:19, aj1908 said:

in terms of english clubs bradford would be the first one if they could be financially stable.  clearly a club who can average 10k is something the game cant easily replace.

york always had good crowds ten years ago before it fell away.  with the new stadium thats another club.

newcastle should be encouraged as well.  gateshead was always a good club who didnt get a fair shake from the RFL.  the money their owner spends on union would be a pittance in comparison to fund a super league club.

toulose should already be in super league.  clearly after the success of les catalans they shouldve been fast tracked in and given the same immunity from relegation les catalans were

and ottowa even though they dont exist.  perez is one switched on dude.  i think he stands a good chance of replicating the success of the wolfpack

Why should Toulouse have been fast tracked and given immunity from relegation, and who would you have kicked out of SL to let them in?

2 hours ago, Bartholemew Smythe said:

What were these good crowds that York had 10 yrs ago?

I don't have much data (and nothing for 10 years ago) but when York were last in the top flight, these were the attendances:

1981-82 3,677

1985-86 3,283

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Just now, RayCee said:

I don't have much data (and nothing for 10 years ago) but when York were last in the top flight, these were the attendances:

1981-82 3,677

1985-86 3,283

The revival of York has been a real success story, but for years up to it their crowds were poor, after leaving their original home at Clarence Street and moving to Huntington, and the name changes to Ryedale York and York Wasps, they went through some tough times.

Archived