Not enough in the creativity dept.

Graham Greaves

I will probably be defined as being negative before a ball has been kicked but our lack of points in the plus column was a headache last season. I know we have had a couple of set backs with players recently but to improve on last years showing we have to improve on our failure to score enough points to win games. The squad lacks a team leader on the field a player in the Handforth , Tomlinson, Lawford class I accept they do not grow on trees but if we are to improve on last seasons efforts we need quality. The thing to stand out for mine in the three seasons of Diskin's tenure was how we regressed as a team each passing season. This is not meant to have a go at the board or coaching staff with whom I hold the greatest respect. I like many other long term supporters wish all the team and staff a successful season I will always be a bulldog.

Rumours of Jarrod Sammut joining you - now that would be creative in a host of ways.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

20 minutes ago, phildog said:

Being outdone by Rams, guy from HKR and now Matty Fleming and again we're being told nobody's available ....

surely it all depends what they are asking for and do you go down the or bust route which too many clubs have done in the past and or are still doing

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

So the Rams have either got a) more money or b) more pull than us, or might it be that they do actually go around with their eyes open? Go on, tell me, I expect this...3 were available from HKR, Keinhorst being the 3rd, we're a centre short, he was happy enough at Hunslet a division down, did we......no, no, of course not....

34 minutes ago, phildog said:

So the Rams have either got a) more money or b) more pull than us, or might it be that they do actually go around with their eyes open? Go on, tell me, I expect this...3 were available from HKR, Keinhorst being the 3rd, we're a centre short, he was happy enough at Hunslet a division down, did we......no, no, of course not....

Is Keinhorst at Hunslet?

I suspect Dewsbury have more money than us. 

4 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Is Keinhorst at Hunslet?

Kenihorst is at Hull Kingston... can be moved on with the right price of course 

I’d just wait and see what happens I’m sure we’ll hear when the club want us to 

1 minute ago, Keep The Faith said:

Kenihorst is at Hull Kingston... can be moved on with the right price of course 

I’d just wait and see what happens I’m sure we’ll hear when the club want us to 

I am! I was responding to Phildog's comment about him at Hunslet. The reason he was there was that he was on DR from Leeds.

6 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I am! I was responding to Phildog's comment about him at Hunslet. The reason he was there was that he was on DR from Leeds.

Ah fair enough I don’t think he’s been at Leeds for a few seasons neither Hunslet 

He’ll be on a full time decent wage sat in the stands at hull Kr 

21 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Rumours of Jarrod Sammut joining you - now that would be creative in a host of ways.

He is in the Wigan squad BSJ. That type of player would be the type I meant in the post. But in all honesty his wage demands would be too excessive methinks. Even if you were taking the mick lol.

18 hours ago, redditchbulldog said:

surely it all depends what they are asking for and do you go down the or bust route which too many clubs have done in the past and or are still doing

Most definitely not Redditch. but I do see another hard season without at least 3 good additions to our squad. A couple of injuries and we would be staring down the barrel.

2 hours ago, phildog said:

Go to Bissa social night and ask the coaching staff about recruitment as there doing a talk

IMG_0583.JPG

2 hours ago, phildog said:

how do you know what the club is doing or not doing, just because they are not telling us unless its definite signing and surely most need is a another half back and a hooker before we need another centre and yes i do suspect Dewsbury have more money than us due to Bulls moving in.. Keinhorst wouldnt go Hunslet now unless he was offered a full time contract paying a few spondulicks

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

1 hour ago, Graham Greaves said:

He is in the Wigan squad BSJ. That type of player would be the type I meant in the post. But in all honesty his wage demands would be too excessive methinks. Even if you were taking the mick lol.

No GG, it was reported in League Express that Batley had been talking with him about a possible move.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, distantdog said:

Is Keinhorst at Hunslet?

I reckon that we have about the same this season: you finished higher in the table so should get more central distribution money and we have the extra from Bradford's rent, so about level.

There are quite few players still available but playing a bit of brinkmanship in the hope of getting better deals so there should be some decent value for money out there for a good coach who is prepared to bide his time.

4 hours ago, phildog said:

Bulls are looking at Keinhorst too.

5 minutes ago, distantdog said:

They seem to be buying a good few SL players. They must have found a magic money tree ..........

..... again!

They have, they're called Sawyer, a successful Bulls could be a rich man richer ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

They have, they're called Sawyer, a successful Bulls could be a rich man richer ?

Noticed they are splashing the cash again. Thought they would have learnt their lesson by now, that  it doesn't always buy success . Old habits die hard and all that I suppose. What happened to bbbbb  saying they are going to run a tighter ship. What a load of b#$#$#$s .

55 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Noticed they are splashing the cash again. Thought they would have learnt their lesson by now, that  it doesn't always buy success . Old habits die hard and all that I suppose. What happened to bbbbb  saying they are going to run a tighter ship. What a load of b#$#$#$s .

Not really splashing the cash, we are having a squad of 22, only 6 are not from the Bulls academy. Our highest earners in Minchella,Keyes,Webster,Hitchcox have all moved on. 

Archived