Please

NickD

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Can we sign a couple of those PNG guys before Sheffield bag the lot?

outstanding today and play the game how me and grumpy like to see it played.   

We haven't got a university or an MP who can skank a dodgy visa through for them like Sheffield can. 

38 minutes ago, Lupset Ram said:

We haven't got a university or an MP who can skank a dodgy visa through for them like Sheffield can. 

I don’t think either of the Unis or any MPs were involved in getting visas for the PNG players that have played for Sheffield. 

Menzie Yere and Trevor Exton were both internationals when they came over after the 2008 World Cup.

Didn’t Thunder bring Mark Mexico and Garry Lo over?

Anyone who thinks getting a visa for any non EU overseas players is easy for anyone is sadly mistaken. 

I would guess that most of the players in the PNG squad today already contracted to clubs though. Either here or in Australia.

I’m not sure that it makes financial sense to bring these over anyway. They can’t work outside RL so need to be full time and then there is accommodation to sort out.

1 hour ago, gittinsfan said:

Fev tried that and it didn't work out too well.

No and to be honest Fev haven’t faired too badly without those imports.

9 hours ago, hawk-eye said:

"skank a dodgy visa"

An allegation has been made, I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for proof!

An aspersion, not an allegation surely?

You should get out more.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1.    Slightly ironic that someone just short of 5000 posts should suggest I should get out more!

We could discuss the semantics ad infinitum but I will leave it to others to judge which of the definitions below fit this situation

A     Aspersion, an attack on the reputation or integrity of someone or something.

A    Allegation, a claim or assertion that someone has done something illegal or wrong, typically one made without proof

hawk-eye.gif

2 hours ago, hawk-eye said:

1.    Slightly ironic that someone just short of 5000 posts should suggest I should get out more!

We could discuss the semantics ad infinitum but I will leave it to others to judge which of the definitions below fit this situation

A     Aspersion, an attack on the reputation or integrity of someone or something.

A    Allegation, a claim or assertion that someone has done something illegal or wrong, typically one made without proof

I object to that most strongly - it is more than 10,000 posts if you read it properly.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 16/11/2019 at 11:11, Lupset Ram said:

We do have a ground to play on though - looks like the travellingeagles will be roaming around Yorkshire again for the start of next season.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

I object to that most strongly - it is more than 10,000 posts if you read it properly.

Nope says 4992, perhaps the the others don't count because you're talking doo doo?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

11 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Nope says 4992, perhaps the the others don't count because you're talking doo doo?

I know that you struggle with detail PM (and , yes I must be bored to pursue this) but the total posts says 10,822 and increasing. 4992 is the "reputation score", whatever that is.

I addition these numbers were reset a couple of years ago when the site was restructured and I lost 15,000 off my previous count.

Roll on Boxing Day.

16 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I know that you struggle with detail PM (and , yes I must be bored to pursue this) but the total posts says 10,822 and increasing. 4992 is the "reputation score", whatever that is.

I addition these numbers were reset a couple of years ago when the site was restructured and I lost 15,000 off my previous count.

Roll on Boxing Day.

The bard of RL forum....

Or the bore?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

33 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Roll on Boxing Day.

Far too much time on your hands if you ask me!

Now is that an aspersion or an allegation???? Buggered if I know! ??

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Archived