Great Britain

Blue Pike

1 hour ago, Blue Pike said:

Another loss for Great Britain , this time against PNG. At this rate Leigh would be favourites to beat them that’s how bad it is.Has anyone got any idea why we are so poor at the moment.

The squad was inbalanced (1 centre picked, 6 halves picked) & Because we have currently an australian coach/dinosaur trying to mould us and turn us into the australian model and the players we have it doesnt suit

The halves have barely made a yard forward The halves used for GB were some of biggest metre gainers in SL yet they have barely ran for GB

All Bennett had to do was let them off the leash, let them be free and play their natural game and there would be more positives

A younger approach is needed for me going forward id let watson and ward have a go all theyve done is put the cones out on this tour their opinions have clearly been ignored

Just now, lingard said:

it makes me wonder who decided he wasn’t good enough for us.

His performances did that. Yes, he did play well yesterday, but doing it week in week out over here is a different kettle of fish. He didn't always start for Doncaster last season.

Seemed a likeable enough and enthusiastic guy, tried hard, had the odd very good  moment here and there, had some pace and scored one or two long-range tries (more for Doncaster than us, and from what I heard Matty Beharrel played better at half back than Boas, hence Watson was on the bench for much of the season with Donny also having Chase).

But organising, setting up lines of attacks and knowing how to hold or commit defenders so as to create gaps, he wasn't so good at that, and that's the main job of a half back. No coincidence when Chisholm replaced him on that left hand side that Day and Sutcliffe scored hatfuls of tries. Maybe the language barrier didn't help, who knows, but I think we made the right decision to move on.

Archived