Sign in to follow this  
saintspete83

Independent review

There seems to be more and more  people on social media willing to question the RFL. Now a former MP and parliamentary rugby league leader seems to be wanting to possibly take action. Personally i would like to see this happen. 

Screenshot_20191116_205532.jpg

Edited by saintspete83
  • Like 4

I imagine it'll take something fairly drastic for this to happen. Look how many times the government had to threaten the FA before they started to do something about their governance structures. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas so the RFL are unlikely to trigger anything off their own back

As a former constituent I'm a fan of Mulholland but I'm not sure this is appropriate.

I believe he's still on the board of the Rhinos Foundation so I wonder to what degree he is continuing a bit of his role of being, quite actively, the club's political representative...

Simple review..

1. England is all that matters!

2. Create a pathway...England academy-England knights-England test team..

3.create a "junior 4nations " for the England academy and junior French,aussies & kiwis to be played every year..

4. Send the England knights away every year...tours to png,aus & nz.

5. England to host & tour Australia & nz inbetween world cups.

6. Scrap the loop fixtures in SL so we can fit in a couple of dedicated international weekends during the summer.. as well as having a slightly shorter season..

7. We need a full time England coach that also acts as "director of rugby" to oversee "the pathway"

8. Don't employ ex Leeds players from the last decade..

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

We are only a few years out from an independent review from Maurice Watkins that led to some pretty disastrous decisions being made.

The game often has external consultants that offer advice on how to structure itself. It rarely has the commitment to implement them.

The problems our game faces arent limited to bennett. They certainly arent solved by replacing Sinfield and his 2 days a month.

There is little an independent review would tell us that we dont already know. Too few kids playing, too little proper training, too few clubs prioritise youth development, too many overseas players that dont drive the game forward, too few internationals too little priority given to internationals.

Just before an election - fancy that!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Just before an election - fancy that!

He's not running for election.