FIXTURES.... Tune in!

WTRLFC WEBSITE

2 hours ago, dkw said:

If we had stayed in it would have been a gamble and noted as a financial risk on the books as we could have had away fixtures which would mean us losing money, quite large amounts from what we have been told. So we would have had to budget for that meaning less to spend on building the squad. Do you think thats a good idea?

Towns commercial department must be way ahead of the rest of the Lg1 clubs then - imagine how much money they would save by playing no games at all.

cant remember the last time Barrow played an away pre season friendly .gate is halved,so maybe crowd would be be bigger at craven park? woudnt mind an exotic away game for a change.we normally play oldham ,haven or keighley every year.groundhog day for last 10 years round these parts.

14 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

I have, and you won't travel. ?

more fool Town then... you could always say no and organise another friendly?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

3 minutes ago, morty said:

more fool Town then... you could always say no and organise another friendly?

Ah yes of course there will be loads of teams falling over themselves for a 5 hr round trip away friendly when they could have one just around the corner. More fool who?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

we have Oldham at home as well ... same as last year... I would love an away friendly at Derwent Park (but not the Wreck lol)

Lee Morton

2 minutes ago, morty said:

we have Oldham at home as well ... same as last year... I would love an away friendly at Derwent Park (but not the Wreck lol)

Get them in preseason mate as unless you get a home cup tie it’s short rations at home for a long while !

19 hours ago, morty said:

We could provide you with a map Morty, free of charge. 

4 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

We could provide you with a map Morty, free of charge. 

no need mate I commute to Haven nearly every other weekend as my Mrs still has a house on Red Lonning and she has her grandkids stay over when we are there ..... love zapping over Corney but not the rest of the 595 !!!!

Lee Morton

2 hours ago, morty said:

no need mate I commute to Haven nearly every other weekend as my Mrs still has a house on Red Lonning and she has her grandkids stay over when we are there ..... love zapping over Corney but not the rest of the 595 !!!!

It's a awful journey whichever route you take. ?

Archived