League one fixtures

Rob Nash

31 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Appears to be plenty of two week gaps in League One fixtures. Why?

Trying to stretch it out over a full season . It’s a long way from satisfactory since the restructure and then losing a club . It was just a left over really . Nearly half the time were not playing a  league game every week 

37 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Appears to be plenty of two week gaps in League One fixtures. Why?

Number of teams and length of season. Really not good. I don’t understand why we    don’t start a little later. Is the CC factored in? 

14 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

Number of teams and length of season. Really not good. I don’t understand why we    don’t start a little later. Is the CC factored in? 

Yep . I counted 9 times where we don’t play consecutive league games . And you could go weeks between home games . Whether it a bye or a cup match ( which could be away ) it’s not good or conducive to building momentum or indeed revenues . And fans are all about league games really , certainly at our level . Two or three years back when it was a full league of home n away games that was great . Now it’s bit of a shell ....

Do you like summer rugby ? . We only play 10 home games and four of them are before March is out ?

56 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Trying to stretch it out over a full season . It’s a long way from satisfactory since the restructure and then losing a club . It was just a left over really . Nearly half the time were not playing a  league game every week 

Don’t worry, Ottawa, NY and Valencia will be boosting numbers soon. 

Championship and League One teams have a blank weekend 22-23rd Feb, which is Challenge Cup R4. They both have a gap on 14-15th March which is Challenge Cup R5. Another blank weekend on 4-5th April when it’s Challenge Cup R6. 

League One has a blank weekend 18th April, whereas the Championship doesn’t. 

Both leagues have a weekend off 10th May, which is likely to be the Challenge Cup QF’s. Both have another weekend off on 7th June, which is the Challenge Cup SF’s. Both have the weekend off on 17th July for the Challenge Cup Final. 

League One has another blank weekend on 29th August, whereas the Championship doesn’t. 

The blank weekends seem to be more damaging for the League One sides as none have made it past R6 in any of the past three years and even if they’ve reached that stage, it’s been sole representation. 

42 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Championship and League One teams have a blank weekend 22-23rd Feb, which is Challenge Cup R4. They both have a gap on 14-15th March which is Challenge Cup R5. Another blank weekend on 4-5th April when it’s Challenge Cup R6. 

League One has a blank weekend 18th April, whereas the Championship doesn’t. 

Both leagues have a weekend off 10th May, which is likely to be the Challenge Cup QF’s. Both have another weekend off on 7th June, which is the Challenge Cup SF’s. Both have the weekend off on 17th July for the Challenge Cup Final. 

League One has another blank weekend on 29th August, whereas the Championship doesn’t. 

The blank weekends seem to be more damaging for the League One sides as none have made it past R6 in any of the past three years and even if they’ve reached that stage, it’s been sole representation. 

No you are correct. Round six was as far as we got sadly. Had to check as the draw is so convoluted! That said I'd rather it like this than piling up fixtures

3 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

They’ve not announced the 1895 Cup schedule yet. That will be fun. 

Just what I've asked on the Championship fixtures thread , just wondering if one of them lands the week after the Easter schedule ?

Looking forward to the double header on the 29th February, when we play London Skolars away.

I wish there was a proper League 1 cup, with the final at the big bash. That worked really well, and I don't understand why they don't do it anymore. Just like last year, we are not entering the 1895 cup.

I quite like the golden point idea, it will be interesting to see what effect it has on the league table at the end of the season.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

18 hours ago, fearnowt said:

Looking forward to the double header on the 29th February, when we play London Skolars away.

I wish there was a proper League 1 cup, with the final at the big bash. That worked really well, and I don't understand why they don't do it anymore. Just like last year, we are not entering the 1895 cup.

I quite like the golden point idea, it will be interesting to see what effect it has on the league table at the end of the season.

The 1895 cup should really be a League 1 comp only 

24 minutes ago, RayCee said:

From a player perspective, considering they are amateur at this level, would gaps not be welcome? Likewise employers would find the spacings advantageous surely. 

Amateur you say ? Semi professional if you don’t mind . There’s lots of effort goes in to being this bad . 

Archived