League one fixtures

Rob Nash

52 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Amateur you say ? Semi professional if you don’t mind . There’s lots of effort goes in to being this bad . 

How much would an average player expect to earn in league One?

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

4 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

May lose a certain sponsor if that were the case.

Indeed , although that is , or should be irrelivant to the schedule of games , unfortunately if as suspected the competition is just an attempt at improving a declining Challenge Cup attendance , then they wouldn't want it just a League 1 comp 

The fixtures in league one are again a bit of a mess. Very hard for teams to build momentum and excitement for games when your home games are a month apart. The league should never have been shrunk when it was reduced by 2 teams. Expanding the championship has also been a bit of a disaster with clubs having too many fixtures and a huge gap in quality between the teams at the top and those at the bottom. 

25 grand in League 1 seems a bit off. There’s lads in Super League that aren’t earning much more than that.

I know from speaking to a former employee of a League 1 club that the majority of his players were on between £200-£300 a game. 

40 minutes ago, Moscow01 said:

25 grand in League 1 seems a bit off. There’s lads in Super League that aren’t earning much more than that.

I know from speaking to a former employee of a League 1 club that the majority of his players were on between £200-£300 a game. 

That's for the top players. Average league 1 player likely on say £300 per game plus bonus and expenses which isn't too bad if you are a young lad with a job too. For some of the top players in league 1 I guess it's a choice between staying semi pro and topping up your wages or going full time (and maybe in some cases earning less overall) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/11/2019 at 18:17, fearnowt said:

Looking forward to the double header on the 29th February, when we play London Skolars away.

Further to my original post, looking forward to the game at London Skolars.

It has really cought the imagination of our fans. There are now just nine seats available on the 50 seat supporters bus, three months before the game!

Well done London Skolars, Toronto and St Helens for arranging/agreeing to the double header. Should be a great occasion.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

On 19/11/2019 at 23:45, OriginalMrC said:

That's for the top players. Average league 1 player likely on say £300 per game plus bonus and expenses which isn't too bad if you are a young lad with a job too. For some of the top players in league 1 I guess it's a choice between staying semi pro and topping up your wages or going full time (and maybe in some cases earning less overall) 

I know when Hemel were based in Dewsbury they were paying some of their players £75 per game plus £75 win bonus

Archived