We are off to Coventry

glemiln

As a Swinton Lions fan who has been to Coventry for both rugby and non rugby visits in the last couple of years,I can recommend a very good eatery on the way back home for those who like a curry.

There is a Indian restaurant In Shirley,near Solihull on the main Stratford Road,just off the M42(There is a junction for Shirley)called Darjeeling and let me tell you it is a very nice restaurant and the chicken tikka there is heaven.

I can highly recommend the place and I am sure it will be a nice stop off before the journey back home.

On 26/11/2019 at 17:04, ormskirknet said:

A bit of a smelly journey home I bet? Parrrrp ?

is that why your called Robthe-Gasman? ?

love a good curry, thanks for the intel

If you go there I can assure you that you will enjoy the curry there.

I had a Chicken Tikka main meal with madras sauce and boiled rice.

The chicken tikka pieces were big and succulent.

10 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

If you go there I can assure you that you will enjoy the curry there.

I had a Chicken Tikka main meal with madras sauce and boiled rice.

The chicken tikka pieces were big and succulent.

Good god man that isn't a curry Ava my 4 year old niece can demolish a Rogan Josh. I would be having a Phaal mind you they don't build men like they did in the older generation. haha.

Harold 

8 hours ago, WorrieDaleFan said:

Good god man that isn't a curry Ava my 4 year old niece can demolish a Rogan Josh. I would be having a Phaal mind you they don't build men like they did in the older generation. haha.

Harold 

A phal?

Very hot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2019 at 08:17, WorrieDaleFan said:

Harold 

? Rogan Josh is not too hot from what I recall though not had one for a while tbh.I think it was nice from memory.

Now phaal well...

Welcome back to Coventry, you Hornets. 

We will be back to the Butts Park Arena (Cov RUFC) this coming season after playing elsewhere while the pitch was being replaced. If you haven't been before, there is food and drink in the main bar under the stand but I recommend the multiple award winning Broomfield Tavern for their wide range of ales and ciders. The pub is on the side of the park you see from the stand. 

The ground is a 10 minute walk from the station /city centre. There is a Premier Inn next door, various Wetherspoons within walking distance and more curry houses than you can shake a stick at. 

Archived