Manu Tuilagi in serious talks with Toronto Wolfpack

TIWIT

9 minutes ago, RMBJ said:

But they can't pass, can't tackle, are grossly overweight and not very fit.

I know that must be true because I've read it in here for years.

I've never quite understood for the life of me why RU clubs simply don't recruit more RL players given how superior they are and earning far less money. 

I'm sensing a tiny bit of sarcasm here.......

I don't think anybody (well certainly nobody who actually watches both codes) could argue that RU players don't have a good skillset for the game they play and furthermore that RU would be 'easy' for RL players. But, they are 2 different games and it's not unfair to say most RU players would struggle playing league because of their lack of ability in the areas you mention above. Living in Wales and seeing many lads from Rugby come and have a crack at league I can vouch for that firsthand. 

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, RMBJ said:

But they can't pass, can't tackle, are grossly overweight and not very fit.

I know that must be true because I've read it in here for years.

I've never quite understood for the life of me why RU clubs simply don't recruit more RL players given how superior they are and earning far less money. 

Welcome back YK. Hope you are well rested after your ban.

On 26/11/2019 at 18:54, iangidds said:

The question is he signing? I doubt he will

Whats happened is the club are going to give him a pay rise and he didn't even ask for one.

The fear of union internationals coming to TGG is enough for any club to give a player a pay rise without asking for one.

I expect we will see many rumours in the near future of union internationals coming to TGG, just so they can get a pay rise ?

From the beeb; a few days ago.

"At the moment, I don't want to look to the future too far ahead," said Tuilagi, who previously rejected an offer from Paris-based Racing 92.

"You have to focus on the now, and for me, I've two years at Tigers."

Standard response when discussing possibly moving clubs etc. Will all come down to the money, and what Toronto are willing to pay.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

14 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

From the beeb; a few days ago.

"At the moment, I don't want to look to the future too far ahead," said Tuilagi, who previously rejected an offer from Paris-based Racing 92.

"You have to focus on the now, and for me, I've two years at Tigers."

Standard response when discussing possibly moving clubs etc. Will all come down to the money, and what Toronto are willing to pay.

Probably not as much as he would like as he's a injury prone player, so will stay at Leicester with a pay rise

Archived