Toulouse

jroyales

Just been looking on TO twitter feed. On February 7th, it states, en francais, "Deux matchs de suspension pour Lloyd WHITE", presumably after his sending off last week against York. Doesn't that mean that the said Mr White was suspended for today's game, yet on the BBC website and the Toulouse twitter page, he's named as one of the subs. Does that not mean that TO fielded an ineligible player? Does that mean they should forfeit the match or am I clutching at straws? 

1 hour ago, RunItOffAfi said:

Just been looking on TO twitter feed. On February 7th, it states, en francais, "Deux matchs de suspension pour Lloyd WHITE", presumably after his sending off last week against York. Doesn't that mean that the said Mr White was suspended for today's game, yet on the BBC website and the Toulouse twitter page, he's named as one of the subs. Does that not mean that TO fielded an ineligible player? Does that mean they should forfeit the match or am I clutching at straws? 

Straw clutching i'm afraid. He misses the next 2 matches, Sheffield and Whitehaven  (no disrespect to Whitehaven, but Cumbria in February is not a place I would want to be....unless it's Goats Crag and climbing). For example, Dane Chisholm has a 3 match (pre-season warm up twattishness) ban, but still played and scored twice last week, his ban starts this weekend, and if you take away his 2 tries and 6 kicks, the result might have been a lot closer.

8 hours ago, clifford said:

I never thought we'd win the first two but I thought we'd scored more points

I think our season starts next week as far as being realistic in terms of winning games is concerned. There are going to be games where we probably won't be able to compete with these clubs with much larger budgets than ours. It's going to be a very tough season. 

AND... have now lost. Meanwhile, our players are awaiting a flight from Manchester to arrive at Limoges airport for the next part of their journey home. They'd already had a coach journey from Toulouse of over 4 hours. Let's hope there are no more delays.

They will certainly be relieved to get back, having got the game out of the way. 

Looking at last week and the highlights this week nearly every try is down hewitts side he needs to sort out his defence... running at the side of them or running over him is not good enough and it reminds me of when we last played in the championship he got targeted in defence. He might be able to get away with it If he’s creating tries but he’s adding nothing to the team.

Like to thank all of the Yeds who could make the trip - I had a great time except for the game. A special thanks to Kev he didn't stop singing before, during and after the game. 

They were bigger, faster and far superior in all attacking departments. You felt they could score from anywhere - and they did. We looked knackered and definitely short of both centres with no disrespect to the lads who were thrown in at the deep end. Out of the eleven tries they scored I think only one was down the middle.

Importantly, the team never gave up and gave everything they had, so a big thank you to them. I'm sure with the same commitment we will be in the championship next season hopefully with another trip to Toulouse!

Stats-

Brook-6 tackles. 2 misses.  9 carries=32m

Kay-2 tackles. one miss. 10 carries=50m

Johnson-12 tackles. 5 misses. 9 carries=52m

Abram-21 tackles. 9 misses. 4 carries=19m

Aaronson-3 tackles. 4 misses. 6 carries=44m

Charnock-21 tackles. 5 misses. 3 offloads. 8 carries=46m

Hewitt-8 tackles. 4 misses. 3 carries=11m

Joy-30 tackles. 4 misses. 9 carries=53m

Owen-14 tackles. 3 misses. 1 carry=4m

Spencer-24 tackles. 2 misses. 2 offloads. one tackle bust. 10 carries=39m

Langtree-23 tackles. 9 misses. one offload. 10 carries=83m

Bent-35 tackles. 2 misses. 11 carries=43m

Fletcher-23 tackles. 2 misses. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. 6 carries=52m

subs

Wilkinson-10 tackles. 3 misses. 2 offloads. one tackle bust. one try assist. 4 carries=31m

Gwaze-23 tackles. 5 misses. 2 tackle busts. 9 carries=65m

Archived