Ex Chairman

WorrieDaleFan

Good Morning, 

I am a Hornets fan and would like to get a feeling for your old board of directors that are trying to take over at Hornets. 

What are the pros and cons to these lot. I understand they are from Leigh and have a few quid and they are a bit like marmite. 

Thank you kindly 

Harold

my personal opinion was they are very good businessmen but had no love for the Club. It all started off nice and positive and as time wore on the Club was too small and no longer relevant. 

It was then that the only way to save the Club is make us more appealing was to take on a big City name. The fake news in the media about abuse from fans at the final game is all lies and was used to justify them jumping ship. I wish all the best at Rochdale because in the long run the same will happen to youselves.

If I was a Rochdale fan or member I would vote for this potential takeover.Rochdale for a start play in Rochdale at a good stadium which is Super League standard.

The population of Rochdale is quite large I think,potential new fans which I am sure the marketing will target and possibly win.

There are also some very good amateur clubs there too so a good source of local talent is available.

I think if this consortium do take over they will rebuild and restructure the Hornets.And that would within say 5 years bear fruit.And I don’t think they would consider a name change for the above said reasons.

only they know why , we might never find out for sure , we was all  as suprised as everybody else that they all walked , i do not believe it was simply  the name calling ,for me  the whole buisness about the rebranding was  handled badly and they alianated a big chuck of our  supporters ,plus they where not prepared to compromise ,a lot of the unpleasantness could of been avoided , but its all history now , and we move on and see what happens 

23 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

If I was a Rochdale fan or member I would vote for this potential takeover.Rochdale for a start play in Rochdale at a good stadium which is Super League standard.

The population of Rochdale is quite large I think,potential new fans which I am sure the marketing will target and possibly win.

There are also some very good amateur clubs there too so a good source of local talent is available.

I think if this consortium do take over they will rebuild and restructure the Hornets.And that would within say 5 years bear fruit.And I don’t think they would consider a name change for the above said reasons.

does that not go against everything they told us ,Rochdale is not  not a big city club ,despite having everything you have stated 

On 19/11/2019 at 11:01, WorrieDaleFan said:

Good Morning, 

I am a Hornets fan and would like to get a feeling for your old board of directors that are trying to take over at Hornets. 

What are the pros and cons to these lot. I understand they are from Leigh and have a few quid and they are a bit like marmite. 

Thank you kindly 

Harold

It’s this simple Harold.

1. Swinton are now in the position they are because of them and will trade off their legacy in 2020.

2. Swinton will slowly regress without them.

3. Rochdale will rise with them as we did from being bust in 2017 to being 9th in the Championship and beating the likes of Toulouse, Fax, Sheffield etc in 2019.

Good guys who worked wonders at our club for which myself and the vast majority of supporters appreciate and thank them for.

Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth would be my advice. Get to meet them they are regular guys and passionate about the game.

14 hours ago, Lion heart 59 said:

does that not go against everything they told us ,Rochdale is not  not a big city club ,despite having everything you have stated 

They always stated Big City’s was the future but always said only the strong heartlands clubs will survive.

Thats the bit that the penny has failed to drop with many of our deluded locked in the past fan base....how can Swinton ever be a strong heartlands club trading as Swinton playing anywhere but Swinton and with a ageing fan base and a Super League team holding all the aces in own town.

Answers on a postcard...

1 hour ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

It’s this simple Harold.

1. Swinton are now in the position they are because of them and will trade off their legacy in 2020.

2. Swinton will slowly regress without them.

3. Rochdale will rise with them as we did from being bust in 2017 to being 9th in the Championship and beating the likes of Toulouse, Fax, Sheffield etc in 2019.

Good guys who worked wonders at our club for which myself and the vast majority of supporters appreciate and thank them for.

Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth would be my advice. Get to meet them they are regular guys and passionate about the game.

Thank you for the feedback Mr R Lion. 

I was speaking to my grandson Zac last night about this every subject as he was showing me how to use electronic mails. He has helped me learn how to use geemail. So I will be sending the club a letter when I get the chance. So Zac was telling me to be careful as he knows I am a trusting old fool. I think he is trying to keep my feet on the ground as I flit between being really happy about the prospects of a new era to the worry of a Swinton style breakdown. We do not have many egos at the club currently, but Mary my wife worries about the new board having egos and ruining the family feel. 

Thank you for your reply 

Harold. 

23 minutes ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

They always stated Big City’s was the future but always said only the strong heartlands clubs will survive.

Thats the bit that the penny has failed to drop with many of our deluded locked in the past fan base....how can Swinton ever be a strong heartlands club trading as Swinton playing anywhere but Swinton and with a ageing fan base and a Super League team holding all the aces in own town.

Answers on a postcard...

Oh deary me. 

As my old Sargent used to say, many hands make light work but if you fight against each other the work is undone. That served me well in the Falklands and does to this day. I fear for us Hornets if we end up fighting like you guys have. 

Harold.

9 minutes ago, WorrieDaleFan said:

Oh deary me. 

As my old Sargent used to say, many hands make light work but if you fight against each other the work is undone. That served me well in the Falklands and does to this day. I fear for us Hornets if we end up fighting like you guys have. 

Harold

Dont fall into the trap of taking Internet forums that people hide being an alias and make mischief on seriously.

Speak to real fans face to face and you get to understand things clearly.

9 minutes ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

Dont fall into the trap of taking Internet forums that people hide being an alias and make mischief on seriously.

Speak to real fans face to face and you get to understand things clearly.

Thank you for the advice Mr R Lion, I am due to undergo a medicine review with my pharmacist in the next few week so hopefully it will help me control my gout better and I will be able to get to more games and talk to my fellow Hornets about there thoughts.   

Harold 

20 hours ago, WorrieDaleFan said:

Oh deary me. 

Harold.

Respect to you Sir for service in the Falklands in 1982.I remember it very well and I salute every single one of you who fought the good fight against the Argentinian scumbags trying to impose a dictatorship on the people of the Falklands.

God bless you all.

4 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

Respect to you Sir for service in the Falklands in 1982.I remember it very well and I salute every single one of you who fought the good fight against the Argentinian scumbags trying to impose a dictatorship on the people of the Falklands.

God bless you all.

Now there Sonny Jim! I appreciate your sentiment but I have to call you out on the scumbags comment, most of those brave young men we fought were only just out of school. They were unprepared for the might of the professional British Army. You have to remember they were only doing their job and I for one salute there bravery as so many of them died scared cold and lonley. Remembrance is not just for the winner it is for everyone who paid the ultimate price and those of us who lost a part of ourselves on those feilds.   

I can't believe the chairman gave it the talk and then vanished when the support questioned his motives. It doesn't really make sense to me. I would be worried if he was coming to my club. I mean yes, he gave Swinton a big year. But he tried to change a famous old club and change the name without so much as a consultation with the supporters. 

I mean, it would be like somebody coming in and deciding Fartown were now a club in Bradford.  

On 29/11/2019 at 22:09, Wile E Cayote said:

I can't believe the chairman gave it the talk and then vanished when the support questioned his motives. It doesn't really make sense to me. I would be worried if he was coming to my club. I mean yes, he gave Swinton a big year. But he tried to change a famous old club and change the name without so much as a consultation with the supporters. 

I mean, it would be like somebody coming in and deciding Fartown were now a club in Bradford.  

I am also worried about this. I am at a loss as to why any person of sound mind would be shocked at support upset and anger when you are trying to change a name. How did the name change come about and was it mooted before hand. I know somebody mentioned The Sun newspaper, bloody awful rag. 

Archived