2020 Squad

MIG45

7 minutes ago, havenhater said:

All in good time. Hooefully announce some big names over Christmas. 

Remember announcing jamie thackeray over christmas it was massive like 25 years ago 

It seems to be going too slowly with signings compared to other teams

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Brookie said:

It seems to be going too slowly with signings compared to other teams

Chris Thorman has been quoted as saying he is happy with the way recruitment is going and he’s not going to rush into anything. I’m sure he has more idea what he requires in the team than we have and I’m more than happy to let him do what is required.

4 hours ago, IanMac said:

Chris Thorman has been quoted as saying he is happy with the way recruitment is going and he’s not going to rush into anything. I’m sure he has more idea what he requires in the team than we have and I’m more than happy to let him do what is required.

Think Chris is now doing all the recruitment himself, then reporting back to the BOD, so has Gary Murdock left the club now. 

Penky was great for us and we were good for him . Real leader out on the pitch so you can only wish him well . I’ve heard really good things about O’Brien so I’m very much looking forward to seeing him . Big shoes for him and O’Donnell to fill , Penky’s experience and nous guiding us around was big for us in the middle but they look two good guys to have in that position at this level 

It's a shame Penky has left as I enjoyed watching him in the blue and white. Almost unplayable when he was right on it, but it's the right thing to give our young lads a crack now.

Thanks for your efforts in the blue and white marra. UTT.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

6 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Would have been happier if he had gone to a championship club! got a feeling this could bite us in the  - - - -

Enyoyed watching him great player, now our young guns need to step up. UTT 

You might be right but I believe that it was 100% the right choice by the club to go down the route we have. 

Got to look to the future and look local.

5 minutes ago, Town Army said:

You might be right but I believe that it was 100% the right choice by the club to go down the route we have. 

Got to look to the future and look local.

Ye young and local is the future, penky going will also release some more money that can hopefully be spent on more recruitment, onwards and upwards. 

Penky has never let us down and is still a class player at this level but I do think we have done the right thing.

Chris has signed on for 3 years and will be laying the foundations to get us back into the Championship and Local and Young are going to be a big part of our future.I cannot fault a single one of his signings yet and I am  really looking forward to what will be a very competitive league this season.

17 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Hearing Town have signed an ex-player recently released from Haven...

Hope it is that young fella Thompson,Was impressed with him in the few matches he played.

Archived