2020 Squad

MIG45

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 30/12/2019 at 17:51, townie88 said:

I say the same every year. But it always seems to be a lifetime waiting for the rugby season to start again.

Squad numbers are good. All be it, I'd like to see at least one more prop. Loan market might be a possibility?

2 big forwards for me, think that would give the squad some ballance 

44 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Another half back option also for me. Forber and Doran are brillaint together but need competition, doran especially, he is a class act on his day but needs a kick up the behind also at times 

Definitely . Both need competition , that’s a good thing .

3 hours ago, havenhater said:

Another half back option also for me. Forber and Doran are brillaint together but need competition, doran especially, he is a class act on his day but needs a kick up the behind also at times 

There is a young local half training but maybe more for the future, and of course I think both marwood and gabe fell can probably cover the halfs

17 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Although I'm mindful this is a town forum and risk being pulled up by other members. 

Anyone know who the new overseas haven halfback is? Waiting for a Visa and hoping to be over for the ike game?

N&S say hes played in England before?

Brett Seymour ?

33 minutes ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Shame if true as I really liked the Lad and thought he had the Ability to be a very good Championship player.

I agree totally he had great speed and seemed to put everything in, a loss to the sport in general as you say shame, would have loved him to be still in a town shirt

13 hours ago, Raider91 said:

Has Tyler mellor left? If so where as he gone?

When he left it was said he was having a Season out of the game to adjust to a new career path. Shame his time ended abruptly he was excellent every time he pulled on the jersey 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

On 03/01/2020 at 09:02, townie88 said:

Weren't we told we would be announcing a couple of signings after the new year?

Lack of any rugby is making me impatient

Blank picture has now appeared in first team squad on Towns home site, maybe an announcement soon?

1 hour ago, townie88 said:

He was way below expectation last season. Probably being one of the top earners to. I wouldn't be fussed to see the back of him

He only seemed to have a good game every few games, can’t afford to carry players next season go a be a tough year what there is of it

6 hours ago, Bearintown said:

What are we a couple of weeks from friendlies? Time to firm up the squad . Cos last season we were short from half a dozen games in. Not good enough again

Everything you read from Chris Thorman appears to suggest that he is really happy the way pre season is going. There seems to be really good numbers at training with 21 or 22 signed on with signings still to be announced. He appears to have signed players who have really good attitude and are committed to the set up he is creating. I don’t think it is fair to say it’s not good enough again when he has obviously addressed the training issues and brought in players who he wants to work with. Whether that will be good enough to gain promotion in his first year in control, in what will be a highly competitive league, who knows, but hopefully we can look forward to some exciting times ahead in 2020. UTT

He seems very focussed on the lads we have with the right attitudes, I would just like to see the experience replaced up top.

Wilkes, hopkins, penky and ffmm (although I hope he comes back) will take some replacing and its definitely something we need to do asap.

A pack Leader is a must thanks, acton, does, shackley to name a few is what every team need.

Archived