2020 Squad

MIG45

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/01/2020 at 10:38, townie88 said:

Although I'm mindful this is a town forum and risk being pulled up by other members. 

Anyone know who the new overseas haven halfback is? Waiting for a Visa and hoping to be over for the ike game?

N&S say hes played in England before?

Jordan Weir

@jordan_weir14

· 4h

The PNG half-back @OfficialHavenRl were hoping to land for this season’s Championship campaign has decided to remain in his home country. A big blow for @gcharlton13 and his squad.

37 minutes ago, dkw said:

Jordan Weir

@jordan_weir14

· 4h

The PNG half-back @OfficialHavenRl were hoping to land for this season’s Championship campaign has decided to remain in his home country. A big blow for @gcharlton13 and his squad.

He must have googled whitehaven then changed his mind

2 minutes ago, Brookie said:

Still a hell oof a player though. I liked him

Yes I did to, and as you say a good player, but you can only give a guy so many chances and he just had a knack of wasting his. Hopefully for him he can really apply himself and put his undoubted talent to good use.

41 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Yes I did to, and as you say a good player, but you can only give a guy so many chances and he just had a knack of wasting his. Hopefully for him he can really apply himself and put his undoubted talent to good use.

Hes a brilliant player, but does himself no favours unfortunately. Would love to see him make the best of his ability but history shows he hasnt done that up until now, so its a gamble signing. Signing Olstrum and Carter smacks of desperation by the jambos.

There is no doubt he has the talent to play championship rugby. He's as fit as they come and can be an excellent addition to any squad. However, two stints with us and one with haven all finished under a grey cloud. And nothing is telling me otherwise that this will be any different.

A fair few players performed above expectation last season for haven. Will wait to see if it happens again.

My concern is for them, he hasnt even trained yet, why not?

Charlton can bring out the best in him to be fair, he is a championship player easy when he applies himself.

Thorman is a disciplined coach who clearly gave him his chance but he didnt take it and its something we can do without.

Good luck karl 

43 minutes ago, havenhater said:

My concern is for them, he hasnt even trained yet, why not?

Charlton can bring out the best in him to be fair, he is a championship player easy when he applies himself.

Thorman is a disciplined coach who clearly gave him his chance but he didnt take it and its something we can do without.

Good luck karl 

Been training for weeks

3 hours ago, dkw said:

Hes a brilliant player, but does himself no favours unfortunately. Would love to see him make the best of his ability but history shows he hasnt done that up until now, so its a gamble signing. Signing Olstrum and Carter smacks of desperation by the jambos.

It's looking even more like Town 2012. Would have still had him back here despite his past. Can't wish the lad good luck obviously ?

2 hours ago, donald said:

Been training for weeks

So have I . . . But not with Haven.

“Karl hasn’t trained with us as yet but I have no doubts about his fitness and readiness for the new season because he’s always kept himself fit and he will actually be going to Newcastle with us on Saturday.”

Who cares? He has had more than enough chances with different clubs and he's not at town anymore. We all like the Karl that is the best player on the pitch but is it worth the gamble to potentially split a dressing room no matter how good he could be? Alex Ferguson got rid of plenty of good players because of what happened off the pitch and what effect they had on the team. Chris has spoken more than once about the type of player he wants at the club and I'm sure he's bang on.  We have a few players signed on we know very little about which to me makes it all the more interesting and I can't wait to see how Chris has them playing. The long wait for the new season is nearly over and the Ike game is nearly here! UTT

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

6 hours ago, Townie987 said:

You sure about that?

He has been training for a couple of weeks, and that's from several Haven players, not sure why charlo said what he did in the paper, 

Archived