2020 Squad

MIG45

1 hour ago, GentlemanJim said:

Chris has said he’s not rushing in and I’ve heard that there’s a few in the pipeline. In the past we’ve made signings that didn’t work Cos they were available and it looks like he’s holding out to get people he really wants to work with. That’s refreshing. There’s still a few weeks left so hopefully they’ll get sorted shortly. 
walsh seemed to be a good lad and vocal on the pitch but shipped tries through iffy defence. 

In an ideal world I'm sure every coach would only want to work with players they want to work with, unfortunately getting them players to come to Town isn't easy as the clubs always found out. With A teams being introduced the quality and numbers available are much less than previous seasons. I'm positive Chris will have quality signings in the pipe line , fingers crossed we can get them over the line.

Regards Walshy, a committed lad who always put his hand up last season, sometimes in difficult circumstances , was signed after one friendly appearance and probably struggled with confidence after in my opinion getting some pretty awful abuse both on here and at games, no surprise he's had enough. 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, snoopdog said:

getting them players to come to Town isn't easy

Good point and one we’ve always and will always battle with . And probably why at times you to have to pay a premium . It’s really tough when you’re fighting geography , with endless clubs a short ride  from where you live . 

Totally agree regarding walsh, looked really good in the friendlies and first couple of games but seemed to lose confidence after a couple of unforced errors and never get back to that level. Cant knock the lads commitment or dedication though so wish him well back in the amateur ranks

I felt for the lad as he looked like he was terrified some of the time. Must be awful when you have no confidence,  keep making mistakes and the opposition target you for it.  It's unfortunately the right decision for him at this time and it just wasn't to be. Good luck in the future marra and thanks for your efforts.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

On 15/01/2020 at 14:34, gillmeister said:

Todays paper confirms that we have players we are targeting from Australia looks like you are bang on the money Thomo

Updated about two hours ago from Downunder on what I discussed. 

"Yeah mate Australia day holiday today. The bastards took the Anzac Day holiday off us this year because it falls on a Saturday so better make the most of today ha ha

Tom is still sorting out his visa, don’t think he has officially signed yet." 

So maybe he (they) are still targets or maybe not anymore. 

Have to wait and see. 

48 minutes ago, yanto said:

Updated about two hours ago from Downunder on what I discussed. 

"Yeah mate Australia day holiday today. The bastards took the Anzac Day holiday off us this year because it falls on a Saturday so better make the most of today ha ha

Tom is still sorting out his visa, don’t think he has officially signed yet." 

So maybe he (they) are still targets or maybe not anymore. 

Have to wait and see. 

What’s your views on whether this is something that shouldn’t be on here? I love the goss but that looks like it’s being negotiated so should stay off a forum. Just a thought

Why ??

Its no different to gossip between folk at home.

Im not connected to any party ,have no  personal interest in any party, I'm just passing on rumours and gossip ,the same as what fills this message board 95% of the time.

Why is this any different ???

Same as whats discussed in Sellafield canteen every day of the week  OR is discussed on this forum every day !!!!!!!

Folk talking about "possible" signings.

Like all speculation its just a mate telling a mate..but one happens to live Downunder and one happens to live in the Netherlands.

So if there is a rumour that Fui Fui cant get a visa or someone posts "Chris has said he’s not rushing in and I’ve heard that there’s a few in the pipeline" these can not be discussed ???

Maybe you know more about the situation than I do ??

Good luck to Walsh . at least he had a go in the Semi Pro ranks . Even though it didnt work out . And alot of the Try's wern't entirely  all his fault . How many games did he play alongside  a recognised centre . There was many a time when he was faced with a two man overlap running at him .  So hopefully our wingers this season are not faced with the same problem . So in the end his confidence was shot at ,which affected his whole game. Especially under the high ball . . Hope he starts to enjoy his rugby again  in the amateur game  .and thanks for giving it ago .  

31 minutes ago, yanto said:

Why ??

Im not connected to any party ,have no  personal interest in any party, I'm just passing on rumours and gossip ,the same as what fills this message board 95% of the time.

Same as whats discussed in Sellafield canteen every day of the week  OR is discussed on this forum every day !!!!!!!

Like all speculation its just a mate telling a mate..but one happens to live Downunder and one happens to live in the Netherlands.

So if there is a rumour that Fui Fui cant get a visa or someone posts "Chris has said he’s not rushing in and I’ve heard that there’s a few in the pipeline" these can not be discussed ???

I agree . Interesting stuff . We find most things out here and in the off-season it’s stuff to talk about which passes time . And honestly the rugby league bubble usually knows what’s going on without finding out on forums , or it’s already done . I like to read any scoops n gossip here but that’s just my opinion . Even if it’s rubbish it’s interesting rubbish that’s good crack 

1 hour ago, yanto said:

Why ??

I know nowt about the situation. Just thought disclosing texts from his mate is a bit strange. 

42 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

I know nowt about the situation. Just thought disclosing texts from his mate is a bit strange. 

Disclosing a text from MY mate to ME about Australia day being on a Sunday with a little gossip tagged on the end that some people on here are / may be interested in. 

Guess my crack is no different than any crack that comes from a mate who told a mate who overheard it while having a pi&& at half time down the Rec.

There are plenty of those posts ?

Chill... if it's going to happen I doubt any gossip from me on here is going to make any difference.  ???

I will just leave it at that. 

52 minutes ago, Callum Linford 98 said:

Needs a new photo in the new shirt pal I bet 

Given that all the other ones that have been removed have left the club, it’s not looking good for him coming back. Hope I’m wrong would still do a job for us. 

Archived