2020 Squad

MIG45

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, gillmeister said:

Him and Dowsett don't seem to have figured much pre season.

We have Curwen, Dawson, Scholey, Moi Moi, Caine Barnes can play there too and there is a good local prop that is training with the club also. Losing Tickle has left us a backrower short.

Dowsett for me is the best hooker haven have got, cant understand why he's not been playing! 

1 minute ago, LancashireTown said:

Noticed sammut and dickinson were left out of Batley team yesterday? Has dickinson even signed for them again this year? Was rumoured to us a while back but haven’t seen him crop up anywhere..

Sammut plays for Leigh u mean lunt? Dickinson has signed up with them 2yr deal I think

4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I can’t see how Sammut doesn’t get a game at leigh so why would they buy him to get shot of him 

Top heavy with halfbacks probably only bought them all to stop challengers getting them . Beaumonts back in charge at leigh now.

3 hours ago, Callum Linford 98 said:

Friend of mine reckons he's been offered to Whitehaven to solve their halves issue but Whitehaven can't afford his loan fee and are trying to get Martyn Ridyard instead on the same bases 

Heard Ridyard was first choice but cant get him due to his testimonial year

2 hours ago, donald said:

It's true he's after 40k for the season on loan ridyard wants 20k shorrocks wants whatever he's on at Wigan all 3 just season long 

A footballer with the same talent as sammut wouldn't get out of bed for 40k a week let alone a year! 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

On 27/01/2020 at 19:54, GentlemanJim said:

I know nowt about the situation. Just thought disclosing texts from his mate is a bit strange. 

Not sure if I should post this ??

My contact from Aussie is not happening. ☹️

The big lad has been offered a good job in the Illawarra mines so his rugby travels are on the back burner for now. 

Shame as I thought he could have done a job at Town.. but that's what I heard from a mate, who was told by a mate, while in the queue for a pie at Haigs. ?

11 minutes ago, Sticklebricks said:

Anybody know where them two lads are from that’s been mentioned in the league express, ramsden and Wilson,who they play for what positions they play???

Wilson is a prop forward and Ramsden a back row

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Chris has already said he’s not going dual reg as it didn’t work last year. Huddersfield has injuries which meant it disrupted preparations or meant that they had no one to send. Could be worse this year with Super League running reserve teams. If we sign the locals we’re up to 25/26 which is most we’ve had for a bit?

30 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Just seen in this weeks League Express that Huddersfield have a DR agreement with Halifax this season.

Was hoping with Thorman's links we would continue to DR with them as it looks like we are going to have a very small squad again

To be honest I’d rather go without DR and let the players that we’ve signed and have trained all through pre season an opportunity to develop and improve. If we were in need of a boost to the squad you’d like to think with Chris’s contacts some loan signings could be made. But the only way the club will move forward is nurturing and developing the youngsters who have been training. Whether we reap the rewards from that this year who knows but for the long term success and viability of the club it is the only way to move forward in my view.

Archived