2020 Squad

MIG45

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/01/2020 at 19:54, yanto said:

Thought I may add some joy after the thread was aiming towards the Jam and Karls misdameaners ? 

Fingers crossed guys 

Hope the news is true and hope they are half as good as Neville Elwin and Bruce Gibbs that we had around in the late 70`s . 

40 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Hope the news is true and hope they are half as good as Neville Elwin and Bruce Gibbs that we had around in the late 70`s . 

Bruce Gibbs, that’s a blast from the past ! He was an absolute wrecking ball !

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

A little extract from a report on Martyn Ridyads  testimonial season below.

Former Leigh favourites including Gareth Hock, Tommy Goulden, Micky Higham, Tom Armstrong and Fuifui Moimoi are coming out of retirement to wear the Centurions colours once again.  

4 hours ago, town4me said:

A little extract from a report on Martyn Ridyads  testimonial season below.

Former Leigh favourites including Gareth Hock, Tommy Goulden, Micky Higham, Tom Armstrong and Fuifui Moimoi are coming out of retirement to wear the Centurions colours once again.  

The reason for moi moi "coming out of retirement" is because he'd only signed 1 years deal so technically free agent still ?

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 19:54, yanto said:

Thought I may add some joy after the thread was aiming towards the Jam and Karls misdameaners ? 

Fingers crossed guys 

Todays paper confirms that we have players we are targeting from Australia looks like you are bang on the money Thomo

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

I wouldn't say I'm excited about our recruitment but happy to have retained Wellington and have Miller back and added size on the wings. There's been an obvious swing towards youth this season especially if the two young lads arrive from Oz. If we add at least one big bulldozer up front we'll do well. If not it doesn't matter how good the backline is they wont get any decent ball.

I’m actually quite excited about the 6 new signings and if the 2 Aussies come off I’ll be really excited. The 2nd row looks like he could be the real deal if thommo is right. But of the 6 we have got all will bring something to the team and give a bit of quality to the depth of the squad. For once, assuming the injury jinx doesn’t strike, we look as though we’ll have plenty of pace along the back line. Hopefully we can bring in another big forward even if fui is still here. Whether we have enough to compete with Barrow, Newcastle, Doncaster etc only time will tell.There appears to be more of a long term strategy  than there has been over the last few seasons and I’m really pleased about that as I’m sure Chris Thorman is just the guy to nurture and improve those young players. 

1 hour ago, homeandawayer said:

I wouldn't say I'm excited about our recruitment but happy to have retained Wellington and have Miller back and added size on the wings. There's been an obvious swing towards youth this season especially if the two young lads arrive from Oz. If we add at least one big bulldozer up front we'll do well. If not it doesn't matter how good the backline is they wont get any decent ball.

We've lost Wilkes from the forwards only. Had a lot of ball for the backs last year just not enough backs to do things with whereas now we have plenty 

57 minutes ago, Callum Linford 98 said:

We've lost Wilkes from the forwards only. Had a lot of ball for the backs last year just not enough backs to do things with whereas now we have plenty 

Wilkes and Fui created a lot of room for Penky . With only Dawson and Curwen as recognised props of any size we'll struggle until they get some help. Its a basic formula..go forward in the middle and everything else follows. Apart from that we've got good depth and aren't relying on Penky.

5 minutes ago, LancashireTown said:

Hearing odonnell needs a knee operation? Pack is looking very very light if true especially with tickle not playing too! Hoping he’s maybe going to look into the loan market for super league players out to make a name for themselves? 

Geez surely not ?

Interesting that on the website the new pictures of the squad have been uploaded with Jonathan Walsh removed but Danny Tickle and ffmm still there, although not in the new shirt. Hopefully both will be here for the season start, otherwise we’ll have a squad of 19 plus any new signings.

3 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Interesting that on the website the new pictures of the squad have been uploaded with Jonathan Walsh removed but Danny Tickle and ffmm still there, although not in the new shirt. Hopefully both will be here for the season start, otherwise we’ll have a squad of 19 plus any new signings.

Thinking that 

Chris has said he’s not rushing in and I’ve heard that there’s a few in the pipeline. In the past we’ve made signings that didn’t work Cos they were available and it looks like he’s holding out to get people he really wants to work with. That’s refreshing. There’s still a few weeks left so hopefully they’ll get sorted shortly. 
walsh seemed to be a good lad and vocal on the pitch but shipped tries through iffy defence. 

Archived