Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bedfordshire Bronco

Broncos not entering the 1895 cup

Recommended Posts

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/london-will-not-take-part-in-1895-cup-in-2020/

This is an absolute ******* disgrace

We'd be nailed on for the final.... We could sell it massively to the London public. More importantly I could have a massive p*ss up a short journey from home... I'd bring about 20 people myself 

Shameful decision by Broncos

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are clubs allowed to pick and choose whether to enter competitions? As RFL members, surely it should be all or nothing, so to be same for all clubs? 

  • Like 11

Please view my photos.

 

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

 

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

 

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Why are clubs allowed to pick and choose whether to enter competitions? As RFL members, surely it should be all or nothing, so to be same for all clubs? 

It is. Whilst the general rules state that member clubs must enter all competitions for which they are eligible, the 1895 Cup is optional. I believe North Wales and Workington have also decided not to enter.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/london-will-not-take-part-in-1895-cup-in-2020/

This is an absolute ******* disgrace

We'd be nailed on for the final.... We could sell it massively to the London public. More importantly I could have a massive p*ss up a short journey from home... I'd bring about 20 people myself 

Shameful decision by Broncos

 

 

Of course you would......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/london-will-not-take-part-in-1895-cup-in-2020/

This is an absolute ******* disgrace

We'd be nailed on for the final.... We could sell it massively to the London public. More importantly I could have a massive p*ss up a short journey from home... I'd bring about 20 people myself 

Shameful decision by Broncos

 

 

If every London supporter took an extra 20 people it would put about 500 on the gate

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Why are clubs allowed to pick and choose whether to enter competitions? As RFL members, surely it should be all or nothing, so to be same for all clubs? 

Why are the RFL able to pick and choose which clubs enter which competition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Why are the RFL able to pick and choose which clubs enter which competition?

Obviously clubs are invited to join if they wish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the RFL had any backbone they wouldn’t let clubs pick and chose, but they don’t and so clubs saw a poorly organised, financially challenging competition and decide accordingly. 


Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

If the RFL had any backbone they wouldn’t let clubs pick and chose, but they don’t and so clubs saw a poorly organised, financially challenging competition and decide accordingly. 

When are these games to be played with the Challenge Cup being brought forward?

Potentially a back log of league games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the issue here? LB spurn a chance of glory and silverware there by giving other clubs a chance of such. 

If by declining they give themselves an advantage in achieving promotion then that's for the other clubs to counter. Or copy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

What is the issue here? LB spurn a chance of glory and silverware there by giving other clubs a chance of such. 

If by declining they give themselves an advantage in achieving promotion then that's for the other clubs to counter. Or copy. 

They are a full time squad: They already carry the advantage. Why should part time/ hybrid clubs follow suit with a chance of playing at Wembley?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, SL17 said:

They are a full time squad: They already carry the advantage. Why should part time/ hybrid clubs follow suit with a chance of playing at Wembley?

Woosh. They shouldn't if they don't want to. Equally,  London shouldn't be forced onto a competition that could derail their promotion ambitions. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

Woosh. They shouldn't if they don't want to. Equally,  London shouldn't be forced onto a competition that could derail their promotion ambitions. 

The same could be said of any club in the competition. Tell me how does it directly effect London Broncos promotion by not entering the competition? What advantage will they gain by not entering?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...