Broncos not entering the 1895 cup

9 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Why are clubs allowed to pick and choose whether to enter competitions? As RFL members, surely it should be all or nothing, so to be same for all clubs? 

100% agree with this.

It's either a proper competition - which I absolutely think it is and should be - or it's a blinking merit comp.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Number 16 said:

What is the issue here? LB spurn a chance of glory and silverware there by giving other clubs a chance of such. 

If by declining they give themselves an advantage in achieving promotion then that's for the other clubs to counter. Or copy. 

Apart from. Million pound game I've never seen us 'win' sonething

Having spoken to a lot of other Broncos supporters we'd love some silverware and something to cheer

I stayed on at Wembley after the CC and Sheffield fans will remember there day there forever 

11 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/london-will-not-take-part-in-1895-cup-in-2020/

This is an absolute ******* disgrace

We'd be nailed on for the final.... We could sell it massively to the London public. More importantly I could have a massive p*ss up a short journey from home... I'd bring about 20 people myself 

Shameful decision by Broncos

You are very presumptuous BB, rearrange the following into a well know phrase:-

Don't count hatched chickens before your they.

and

Massively sell it to the London Public? Don't get me wrong I like to watch London play pity is there are not more like me in the metropolis, if you managed to double the interest that would most likely max total 1500, I would say there was 50 times more interest in the Broncos run in last season from the North than in it's own locallity.

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You are very presumptuous BB, rearrange the following into a well know phrase:-

Don't count hatched chickens before your they.

and

Massively sell it to the London Public? Don't get me wrong I like to watch London play pity is there are not more like me in the metropolis, if you managed to double the interest that would most likely max total 1500, I would say there was 50 times more interest in the Broncos run in last season from the North than in it's own locallity.

Massively sell is the key Harry

Currently our first home game to sell is a cold February against Haven

Selling a London club in a final at Wembley in summer gives us more of a chance

I am realistic it might not have brought 10,000s but surely its got more of a chance? 

6 hours ago, nadera78 said:

It would be an utter waste of time travelling up north for midweek fixtures, for a tin pot competition that costs the competing clubs money, when the Broncos' sole focus is quite rightly getting promoted back to SL.

Waste of who's time? The set up is full time. It's their job

Tin pot in some eyes maybe but not mine. Again I was there for Sheffield's win and it meant a lot to them as it would have to Widnes as it would do to me

The 1895 cup was an afterthought, hoping to boost attendances.  Its half baked.  

Plus... is Tolouse in the Cup?   I mean, they are potentially Broncos closest rivals for promotion?   If Tolouse are not in, then more sense Broncos not joining.   Surely the Broncos MUST focus COMPLETELY on promotion?

And frankly another issue here is the bizarre logic of on one side hoping for expansion and on the other insisting on relegation.

59 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Massively sell is the key Harry

Currently our first home game to sell is a cold February against Haven

Selling a London club in a final at Wembley in summer gives us more of a chance

I am realistic it might not have brought 10,000s but surely its got more of a chance? 

I wish you all the best BB, if you believe the audience is there, go get em! 

Off topic a little, but answering your statement.

Our - being Leigh Centurions - first game is on a Friday night at Dewsbury which I presume is to allow the Bulls to play the Bronco's on the Sunday, I don't really understand the logic behind this, Leigh have one of the best travelling supports in the division especially on a Sunday afternoon, anyone will tell you getting over the pennines for a Friday night fixture is not the easiest travel one can take and I should imagine it will hit the gate reciepts quite hard from the Leigh fans who will not bother, all I can imagine is the 'Rent' the Bulls are paying Dewsbury is compensation enough to stand the loss, surely being the host club they would take jurisdiction.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I wish you all the best BB, if you believe the audience is there, go get em! 

Off topic a little, but answering your statement.

Our - being Leigh Centurions - first game is on a Friday night at Dewsbury which I presume is to allow the Bulls to play the Bronco's on the Sunday, I don't really understand the logic behind this, Leigh have one of the best travelling supports in the division especially on a Sunday afternoon, anyone will tell you getting over the pennines for a Friday night fixture is not the easiest travel one can take and I should imagine it will hit the gate reciepts quite hard from the Leigh fans who will not bother, all I can imagine is the 'Rent' the Bulls are paying Dewsbury is compensation enough to stand the loss, surely being the host club they would take jurisdiction.

I agree, I'd have Leigh on the Sunday. 

I'll be there for the Bulls game, will be about 50 of us I'd say ... Won't be there for our Dewsbury one though 

15 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/london-will-not-take-part-in-1895-cup-in-2020/

We'd be nailed on for the final.... We could sell it massively to the London public. More importantly I could have a massive p*ss up a short journey from home... I'd bring about 20 people myself 

remember your playing york day after  cc final so two games in two days  ?

16 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Nah, stick to getting promotion. 

Bigger fish to fry.

And no London couldn't sell it out. 3k max.

15 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Bigger fish to fry.

At what point did he say they could sell it out? How come when all the other championship teams get talked about going to a final, suddenly they are all taking 10k +, but London could only manage 3k? In our home city? For a final at Wembley? Give over.

47 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Bigger fish to fry.

Didn't think we could sell it out but again... There would be more attraction of a Wembley final and some silverware.... Again... We have never won anything except the million pound game

Skolars didn’t enter last year due to cost and extra travel. I think the club just thought it wasn’t worth it. Don’t think we’re in it next season either; not sure though. 

1 hour ago, EssexRL said:

Skolars didn’t enter last year due to cost and extra travel. I think the club just thought it wasn’t worth it. Don’t think we’re in it next season either; not sure though. 

Fair enough but Broncos are a full time club with a very good chance of getting to a Wembley final through it

23 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Why are clubs allowed to pick and choose whether to enter competitions? As RFL members, surely it should be all or nothing, so to be same for all clubs? 

Well maybe they could if they didn't stipulate paying 500000 deposit in case they make the final!

16 hours ago, Click said:

At what point did he say they could sell it out? How come when all the other championship teams get talked about going to a final, suddenly they are all taking 10k +, but London could only manage 3k? In our home city? For a final at Wembley? Give over.

I go to broncos every week. I would be amazed if last season the broncos element of any crowd for a game was 1k.

But a few posters saying we are in the final of the Mickey mouse cup will have them flooding to Wembley?

LMFAO.

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 08:29, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Apart from. Million pound game I've never seen us 'win' sonething

Having spoken to a lot of other Broncos supporters we'd love some silverware and something to cheer

I stayed on at Wembley after the CC and Sheffield fans will remember there day there forever 

I for one don't give a toss about the AB Sundeck sponsored hub cap trophy.

The only trophy I want to see in 2020 is the one given to the team promoted to SL

Archived