Broncos not entering the 1895 cup

3 hours ago, Leonard said:

I go to broncos every week. I would be amazed if last season the broncos element of any crowd for a game was 1k.

But a few posters saying we are in the final of the Mickey mouse cup will have them flooding to Wembley?

LMFAO.

Again, no one has said that we will be "flooding" to Wembley - But we have had historically good crowds, like all the other clubs that are being talked about, and they weren't 50 + years ago that we have to go back to find them.

Yeah, surprisingly people don't like travelling over to a Wedding venue in Ealing, who would of thought it? I am sure it is exactly the same as to if the team got to Wembley, and no one else would go to Wembley that don't go to trailfinders on a weekly basis.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said before many times by myself and others but the 1895 Cup has/had scope to become a decent addition to the Championship/League One season, in the same way the Northern Rail/Arriva/Buddies/Whatever else sponsored it Cup. The 1895 Cup is just so poorly executed.

Some of the Finals in that were some of the best games shown live in that respective year, with Batley winning it, Leigh shaping for a drop goal and slinging it wide and scoring under Ian Millward just two I can remember off the top of my head. 

There’s 25 teams outside of Super League, let’s say Toulouse don’t take part in this, thats 24 teams. Eight groups of 3, each plays home and away (4 group games) and the winners of each group progresses to the knockout stage. That way League One teams get two more guaranteed home games and (nearly) all teams are involved. 

13 hours ago, yipyee said:

Well maybe they could if they didn't stipulate paying 500000 deposit in case they make the final!

£500k for the 1896 Cup?! 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

3 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

I for one don't give a toss about the AB Sundeck sponsored hub cap trophy.

The only trophy I want to see in 2020 is the one given to the team promoted to SL

Any club with ambition goes for both

We are one of not many full time championship clubs. 

We should have the ambition to do it

2 hours ago, Jeff Stein said:

Winning and losing are both habits. i seem to recall Broncos' form changed to a losing run after sending a below strength team to get knocked out of the Challenge cup at Halifax this year.

Not convinced the Halifax game was any kind of catalyst myself. We played like dirt and got found out on the day. Resting players like Williams etc it was no surprise 

We were never going to win the CC and I was happy enough to go out

The 1895 Cup we could win. In fact we'd be favourites to get to the final in my view. Again.... A game at Wembley...our skipper lifting a trophy.... We go on a massive p*** up in Soho after and we can always say we won something 

Just don't get it

Archived