Broncos not entering the 1895 cup

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/london-will-not-take-part-in-1895-cup-in-2020/

This is an absolute ******* disgrace

We'd be nailed on for the final.... We could sell it massively to the London public. More importantly I could have a massive p*ss up a short journey from home... I'd bring about 20 people myself 

Shameful decision by Broncos

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are clubs allowed to pick and choose whether to enter competitions? As RFL members, surely it should be all or nothing, so to be same for all clubs? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

3 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Why are clubs allowed to pick and choose whether to enter competitions? As RFL members, surely it should be all or nothing, so to be same for all clubs? 

It is. Whilst the general rules state that member clubs must enter all competitions for which they are eligible, the 1895 Cup is optional. I believe North Wales and Workington have also decided not to enter.

26 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/london-will-not-take-part-in-1895-cup-in-2020/

We'd be nailed on for the final.... We could sell it massively to the London public. More importantly I could have a massive p*ss up a short journey from home... I'd bring about 20 people myself 

Of course you would......

34 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

If every London supporter took an extra 20 people it would put about 500 on the gate

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

If the RFL had any backbone they wouldn’t let clubs pick and chose, but they don’t and so clubs saw a poorly organised, financially challenging competition and decide accordingly. 

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

54 minutes ago, SL17 said:

They are a full time squad: They already carry the advantage. Why should part time/ hybrid clubs follow suit with a chance of playing at Wembley?

Woosh. They shouldn't if they don't want to. Equally,  London shouldn't be forced onto a competition that could derail their promotion ambitions. 

It would be an utter waste of time travelling up north for midweek fixtures, for a tin pot competition that costs the competing clubs money, when the Broncos' sole focus is quite rightly getting promoted back to SL.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

14 minutes ago, SL17 said:

For me they are already showing weakness by not joining the competition. They travel North every away game so what’s the issue? What is the focus? Who are they out to beat? 

Again they are a full time squad what’s the problem?

Cool. If thats how you want to see it then go for it.

3 minutes ago, SL17 said:

We will be doing, no frets on that one. For a club to show such negativity to a competition before the start of the season, shows your true colours. 

Hopefully see you at the LSV.

Nope, I've emigrated. And glad to have done so.

2 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Good on ya. Obviously old habits die hard.

Damn right they do, I'm supposed to be working right now and yet I'm on here...

Archived