NCL Prem 2020

• 2 weeks later...

I think Thato, Hunslet, West Hull and Wath Brow will be there again. I fear for my club Mayfield this coming season. We lost several players to the pro game last season and so far have lost three more with a possible fourth for the coming season. Its going to be a long hard season to survive this time. We only just managed it last year.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

15 hours ago, Big Doug said:

I think Thato, Hunslet, West Hull and Wath Brow will be there again. I fear for my club Mayfield this coming season. We lost several players to the pro game last season and so far have lost three more with a possible fourth for the coming season. Its going to be a long hard season to survive this time. We only just managed it last year.

Very much a double edged sword pal. Great that lads that come through are getting picked up but the unfortunate knock on affect of this is a weaker AO side. Sure you'll still go alright this year. 

• 2 months later...
On 03/12/2019 at 09:45, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Very much a double edged sword pal. Great that lads that come through are getting picked up but the unfortunate knock on affect of this is a weaker AO side. Sure you'll still go alright this year. 

That's what its all about, but once the players have stepped up to the pro game  it gives other team members the opportunity  to  step up,  and that always helped by having a good youth  section, 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/03/2020 at 19:31, away again said:

Thoughts on todays results anyone? The stand out one, West Hull 0 Siddal 34 very accomplished performance by Siddal.

Have West Hulls big earners jumped ship now the club has built up a large debt.

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Cumbria1 said:

Is It true a new league structure next year could see the NCL regionalised so a Cumbria, Lancashire & Yorkshire league then top 2 or 4 go into a play off from each league???

How would the leagues be split up numbers wise? 

Having just looked 

Hull and Yorkshire plus Gateshead 28 teams

Cumbria 7 teams

Lancashire 14 teams 

Is it that straight forward, or would the playing strengths of some teams be a problem. Top end ncl prem now v bottom end ncl 3 is a big difference but same league due to region in a future format. Brow v Askam , Thatto v waterhead,  Siddal v Gateshead?  Are these the type of fixtures that will be produced? Would these type of fixtures be more of a detriment?

If you make leagues regional it might stop local player movement which causes yo yo teams 

3 Oldham teams would move east and be part of Huddersfield Halifax Batley & Dewsbury 

Local games every other week which players step up for cos it’s personal and means something touch lines full of people cos of local interest also creates a buzz in the towns 

Let’s say top 2 go to play offs with other leagues to prove who’s the best in country

my club have committed to £6k on coach travel this year £3k of that could be spent on rugby stuff rather than a transport company 

only my thoughts but happy for others 

On 04/04/2020 at 11:43, Cumbria1 said:

Is It true a new league structure next year could see the NCL regionalised so a Cumbria, Lancashire & Yorkshire league then top 2 or 4 go into a play off from each league???

Let’s hope not

On 04/04/2020 at 11:46, usain bolt said:

How would the leagues be split up numbers wise? 

Having just looked 

Hull and Yorkshire plus Gateshead 28 teams

Cumbria 7 teams

Lancashire 14 teams 

Is it that straight forward, or would the playing strengths of some teams be a problem. Top end ncl prem now v bottom end ncl 3 is a big difference but same league due to region in a future format. Brow v Askam , Thatto v waterhead,  Siddal v Gateshead?  Are these the type of fixtures that will be produced? Would these type of fixtures be more of a detriment?

Totally agree I do not think it would work and could cause long term damage Premiership teams against Division Three teams too big a gap in standard. Personally think depending when we do restart keep the divisions as they are but rearrange the fixtures so games which are not local can be played on Saturday and if there are not enough Saturdays remaining play some local fixtures midweek

On 04/04/2020 at 11:43, Cumbria1 said:

No, it isn't true.  It will only be regionalised if the NCL clubs want it to be.  On the other hand though, and depending when the lockdown is lifted, we might have to play a fairly short season, regionalised, to get the clubs back on their feet again and then start again for the 2021 season.  I'm sure no club would like to face an £800 journey for their first fixture of the truncated competition, and this is where a short regionalised spell may take place.

Archived