Live Stream Now: England Community Lions v NSW Country (u16s)

Futtocks

It is on OurLeague at the moment. Started at 6pm, I think.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

It is on OurLeague at the moment. Started at 6pm, I think.

Buffering horribly for me, and no alternative stream on Twitch this time. Oh well, maybe other people will have fewer problems.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

19 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Futtocks please amend the title - this isn’t a test and it’s England Community lions u16 and not England u16 

Done. Just enough space in the title box.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, rhinos78 said:

What level are these NSW country teams in the Australian system? Are they the best u16's and U18's NSW has to offer, signed up to NRL clubs? Both have gave Leeds u16's and u18's 30 point beatings at Headingley today.

I think they exclude players who have already signed with NRL clubs and players from the Sydney area. Some will probably appear in NSW NRL clubs' junior rep teams in 2020, like the SG Ball Comp(u18s) and Harold Matthews Cup (u16).

The SG Ball for 2020 will have 20 teams with all the NSW NRL clubs except Wests Tigers and St George-Illawarra who will field separate teams - Balmain, Wests Magpies, St George Dragons and Illawarra Steelers - and will include Central Coast, North Sydney, NZ Warriors, Wests Coast (Perth) and Voctoria THunderbolts (Melbourne.)

The Country 18s would be about 2 levels below OZ Schoolboys. (maybe 6-8 of them would make the NSW 18s then 3 or 4 of them might make the Schoolboys squad)

11 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

I think they exclude players who have already signed with NRL clubs and players from the Sydney area. Some will probably appear in NSW NRL clubs' junior rep teams in 2020, like the SG Ball Comp(u18s) and Harold Matthews Cup (u16).

The SG Ball for 2020 will have 20 teams with all the NSW NRL clubs except Wests Tigers and St George-Illawarra who will field separate teams - Balmain, Wests Magpies, St George Dragons and Illawarra Steelers - and will include Central Coast, North Sydney, NZ Warriors, Wests Coast (Perth) and Voctoria THunderbolts (Melbourne.)

The Country 18s would be about 2 levels below OZ Schoolboys. (maybe 6-8 of them would make the NSW 18s then 3 or 4 of them might make the Schoolboys squad)

So how far below the full England youth sides are the Community Lions? Was this set up to be an equal contest?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

So how far below the full England youth sides are the Community Lions? Was this set up to be an equal contest?

Last year I think the Country 16s played PNG and Titans 16s so maybe they just pick random opponents each year???? My guess would be that these 16s and 18s are largely put on for the benefit of NRL talent scouts and for kids who want to play F/T

The NSW Country under 16 are a top side, they gave NSW City a mighty scare, i think they lost 14-6 against the cream of the crop Harold Matts players including Joseph Suuali the sensation who had every RL & RU team after him. 

5 of this NSW Country touring squad made the full NSW UNDER 16'S.

The Leeds Rhinos team they beat is actually next years U16 so the Rhinos were 15yo with 3 x 14yo's.

Leeds Rhinos U18 squad yesterday were this years under 16 plus 7 x 17 year olds all in preparation for next years academy.

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

Saturday 30th November

1:00pm Tour Match

U16s: England Comm. Lions v NSW Country - LIVE STREAM: ouRLeague Website & App

3:00pm Tour Match

U19s: England Comm. Lions v NSW Country - LIVE STREAM: ouRLeague Website & App

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived